1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

DxO Labs to release new Nik Collection in June

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by DonS, Apr 30, 2018.

1. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    From here:

https://www.dxo.com/us/about/news

Greetings.

On March 7, 2018, DxO Labs chose to file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection and is now in the process of restructuring the business.

We are very confident that this procedure, which should not last for more than a few more weeks, will not affect our customers in any way. In fact, we are pleased to announce the following upcoming product releases:

• In June, we will release a free update (version 1.2) of our flagship software, DxO PhotoLab. Recently awarded the TIPA 2018 Award for Best Image Processing Software, this latest version of DxO PhotoLab will include improved local correction features, and will add support for 7 cameras, including the Canon EOS 2000D and the Sony A7 III. This release will also be an opportunity for us to reiterate our commitment to the “perpetual license” model (as opposed to a subscription model) that allows our customers to update their products according to their needs, rather than in a constrained manner.

• In June, we will release the new version of the Nik Software Collection, which DxO acquired from Google at the end of 2017. Much awaited by the Nik software community, this first “by DxO” version focuses on fixing bugs that up until now could disrupt the user experience, as well as on ensuring full compatibility with the latest Mac OS and PC platforms.
    Thank you for your understanding and confidence,

The DxO Team

Petrochemist, Mike Singh and Roger S like this.
  2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They sound confident.....

3. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes. Often companies will go into bankruptcy just to reorganize their debt. It was huge back in the 90's when interest rates were dropping and they did this to save interest payments. Sometimes it is to try and consolidate debt with one lender.

Mike Singh likes this.
  4. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Aside from fixing bugs in Nik I wonder what other changes they made for it?

5. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'll check these out when they're available.

6. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I saw a notice on their website some time ago indicating that the release would be soon. I really wouldn't expect any great effort at improving the Collection, more likely to have it serve as a stepping stone to their PhotoLab application.

The recognition by TIPA is interesting. www.tipa.com/en-en/awards/dxo-photolab

Mike Singh likes this.
  7. Phill104

Phill104 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Always liked Nik, hopefully it will go on for a lng time to come.

Mike Singh and DonS like this.
  8. Hatter

Hatter Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The only one of the Nik Collection I've really used is Silver Efex, although I usually prefer Skylum Tonality for B&W conversions nowadays.
    It will be interesting to see what DxO do with Nik though...

Mike Singh and DonS like this.