1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Ely Cathedral

Discussion in 'City/Street/Architecture' started by RyanB, Nov 30, 2018.

1. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Some good low light today.

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3242v2.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3244v850.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Ryan

Several beaut images here and well done with your perspective control
    I am taken by the purple flashes in #2 ... don't know where they have come from , but they make a big difference to the final image

Phil

RyanB likes this.
  3. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cheers Phil, the purple is coming from a stained glass window out of shot just to the right. Other angles had multiple shades showing but were not quite as balanced in composition. Just added another shot where its colours obviously come from a stained glass window.

4. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    #2 leads the eye well into the whole frame I think. Nice capture.

RyanB likes this.
  5. Hatter

Hatter Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice shots, Ryan. I do like the effect of the light through the stained glass.
    I've been there a couple of times - it's a very photogenic building, both inside and out.

RyanB likes this.
  6. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great set Ryan although I think you are leaning slightly to the right in #2

RyanB likes this.
  7. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Marc:)
    Cheers Gareth, it is a very cool building. Still have yet to do the tower tour but I bet there are some great potential shots from there too.
    Thanks Brian, think you might be right. Been tweaked now.

8. SFTphotography

SFTphotography Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    1, 2 and 4 work very well.

Three something is up. I suspect your level but not quite perpendicular to the window.

RyanB likes this.
  9. RyanB

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks, I was set up square on a center stone so what you are seeing in #3 is the effect of soft fen soil being forced to hold up millions of tonnes of rock for 900 odd years. It becomes much more obvious when shooting from further away but the entire west tower seen from inside in this shot, leans quite a bit and actually lost an entire transept from this subsidence many years ago.

SFTphotography likes this.
  10. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not one i have been to but on my list, your images make me want to visit sooner rather than later. nice set showing off the lovely coloured stone and wonderful light, i am not a religious person but do appreciate the architecture of these type of buildings and being in the building game most of my working life i can really see the craftsmanship that went into them all those years ago.