1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Evening shoot near Burton on Trent

Discussion in 'Useful Locations & Dates & Places For Your Diary F' started by Expo, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Expo

Expo Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ive been tasked with trying to organise a club evening shoot during June in the Burton on Trent or Ashby de la Zouch areas. We would want to start at around 7.00pm and be able to access the location or event for around a couple of hours max. This could be an interesting location, sports event or venue, a historic building, an industrial site (working or derelict) ... just about anywhere "interesting". The club is based locally so will have been to a lot of places already, and I'm running out of ideas ...... any helpful suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you one and all.

2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I think there is a good canal system in your area ... have you thought about that ... .and obviously there is the National Memorial Arboretum.

Paul

3. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Barton marina. The country park by burton. I forget the name.
    Also the church on the hill just off the M 42 on the way to the airport. The arboretum. But that will probably be closed by then
    How about Fradley basin some canal boats there

4. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Have you and others access to studio lighting? Or visit a local photo studio? Maybe with a model or two?

5. Expo

Expo Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Paul. We've asked the NMA but they're not prepared to stay open just for us, so that's a no-go unfortunately. However, I've been there a number of times myself (during normal opening hours) and it's a great location.

Hi ... thanks for the suggestions. We've just done a night shoot at the marina. I think you mean the church at Breedon on the Hill ... that's a definite possibility, so i'll look into that one.

Nice idea, but we do that sort of thing in the winter. We're looking for a summer outing of some sort ... sports location, old building, wild-life ... that sort of thing. Thank you for the reply though. It's a tough one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2017
  6. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Staunton Harrold or Calke abbey might offer some opportunities in the right conditions.