1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Evensong and Weeping Window

Discussion in 'All Other Images Forum' started by Snips, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The poppies have reached Hereford and are on display at the cathedral. It's easy to take the camera along and photograph but something seems to make you leave the camera alone for a few minutes and just make you stand there and take it in and think what the poppies are there for.

We went to evensong as well as a friend had come up from Kent and was singing hence the main photograph in the montage. As it was also Easter Saturday (the Saturday after Easter) there was an opportunity to see a display of the tomb stone rolled away.

The large gold structure hangs from the ceiling and represents Christ's crown of thorns and His glory.

80407-5653 Hereford Evensong.jpg

Electra and Mike Singh like this.
  2. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice montage Snips!

Snips likes this.
  3. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you, John and much appreciated - wasn't sure about the bottom right corner but wanted to get that part in somehow too.

4. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice idea but I think you need to blend in the lefthand side more

5. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you Paul and yes, the more I look at it the more I agree.

6. GHK

GHK Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is a difficult subject and I think that you have handled it pretty well. I particularly like the way the interest is drawn to the people, although the bright zigzags at the top do draw it away slightly. I don't think that cropping is the answer and would work to reduce the impact of the offending section.
    GHK

Snips likes this.