• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

"Feels like -29 F"

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
I can never understand why the bloody world stops turning every time temperatures drop below -1 or we get a wee flurry of snow. Happens every year, public panic, public moan, public disruption blah, blah, blah. Just get on with it.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
I can never understand why the bloody world stops turning every time temperatures drop below -1 or we get a wee flurry of snow. Happens every year, public panic, public moan, public disruption blah, blah, blah. Just get on with it.
Well, for one..
My lenses act up and I end up coming home cold, bitter, and a lack of focus.
Literally, crappy deer shots.
I know I am not the only one who's lenses act up in the cold. Or camera, which ever is the culprit.

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Well, for one..
My lenses act up and I end up coming home cold, bitter, and a lack of focus.
Literally, crappy deer shots.
I know I am not the only one who's lenses act up in the cold. Or camera, which ever is the culprit.
I wasn't referring to cameras or equipment, just in general how every year when the dirt weather comes, society has a habit of grinding itself to a halt.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
I wasn't referring to cameras or equipment, just in general how every year when the dirt weather comes, society has a habit of grinding itself to a halt.
I agree. They were talking no trash pick up or mail.
However- positive thing is if I go to the Zoo it will surely be to my liking.. again.
No one there.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
We had 33cm (just over a foot for those on the archaic system) of snow Monday afternoon to Tuesday morning. It is currently -17C with a windchill of -29C (sorry, I do not recall how to translate these). I would say the air is crisp ;)

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
I was just outside in my jammies and slippers for a smoke. It's -21 C (-4 F) without the wind chill. It's rather balmy, so that means Marc beats us for temperature bragging rights today. :D

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
I was just outside in my jammies and slippers for a smoke. It's -21 C (-4 F) without the wind chill. It's rather balmy, so that means Marc beats us for temperature bragging rights today. :D
I will probably take the trash out tomorrow wearing pyjama pants and sandals.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
I will not be half naked, I will have a tshirt on with them. I usually take the trash out that way, sometimes I will throw on something warmer, sometimes I may have socks on.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
I did not put the trash out today, my wife was doing it for me so I could leave earlier. Accident on my route to work so it was going, and did, slow me down. But, go look at the thread I am about to post for fun in the cold.

Pteranadon

Always on
Premium Member
Alright! When I first posted it was -11...and got down to -13 before the temp went up.
So....this Sunday it is supposed to be close to +60.
It will be close, if not a +100 feels like temp change in less than a week.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I am so glad you Canadians use proper temperature measurements (Centigrade) over the silly old Fahrenheit scale.