1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Female Stonechat

Discussion in 'Plants, Animals & Insects Photography Forum' started by stanm, Nov 10, 2018.

1. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    posing on the cliffs

Stan

[​IMG]

2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day mate

That is very, very nice - what a fabulous image and I'm sure that you are proud that it's now in your collection of great images
    How about a 12 x 16" on the kitchen wall now so that you can enjoy it daily

Phil

3. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks for looking Phil

a lot of our shots are already framed and on the wall and little room for more and now my wife has also taken up painting, need to leave some room for some of those as well :D

4. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Clean background the the image is very sharp. Well done.

5. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks David

6. Christopher

Christopher Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely image. Well done.

7. nauti

nauti Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cracking image.

8. Pteranadon

Pteranadon Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Bird looks great n sharp.
    There is however an appearance of a smudge tool mark above/left of it's head and to the right of the tail. But something is going on with the tail a bit.
    Hard thing I would have to say is, the "cleaner" the image, the more visible any natural or unnatural things come up.

9. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    thanks for looking guys

Apart from a little sharpening and a slight crop no other editing was needed on this one, so the background is just as it was shot and what you mention just oof grasses way in the background. The tail - well just like the rest of the bird, it is in the plane of focus and is detailed and sharp, or perhaps i am missing something :confused:

10. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

11. stanm

stanm Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  12. ImSoQuazy

ImSoQuazy Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Stanm & Ozzie_Traveller,
    This is s a superb image!
    Quick question tho, how does one go about making the decision as to what size to print an image to display it on my home walls?
    I take some (tho not nearly as good as this) photo and would like to put some on my home walls but can hardly ever get Costco to get it right.
    Not that I am blaming the big box printers... probably more like I don't know what I am missing to accomplish a good quality print.
    I have many frames that I "rescue at yard sales" but all sit empty and this saddens me.
    Hoping for a reply soon,
    Paul

13. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Paul

In simple terms I would a) create a blank canvas of a size equal to an existing frame, then b) copy / paste a photo onto the blank canvas for printing. Obviously there will be some resizing of the image to match the canvas, but your IQ "should" still be okay, presuming you've got enough pixels to start with

These days with most cameras producing > 12mpx then the printed size up to 20" x 30" is well within the pixel range of your image. Also available to us is the print-shop machinery options of pixel interpolation [done automatically] of up to 1440 DPI as well

As always, feedback welcome
    Hope this helps
    Phil

ImSoQuazy likes this.