1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

few pics in filey. met the family.

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by LYNN GRIFFITHS, Dec 13, 2018.

1. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day Lynn

What an extraordinary bit of hills you have in #1 - such magic to their appearance & it makes me envious !! ... makes me wonder how they would go with shadows at a different time of day

And I love #3 - well the figures at the bottom certainly talk to me > I wonder if you cropped out the hills across the waters and left the lower figures & waves ... to me it makes it a cracker of a shot and well worth display on the lounge room wall

Hope this helps
    Phil

3. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely colours you've got there. I agree with ozzie on the crop to the last, possibly with a bit of artificial vignetting , the second could also lose about half the sky, a central horizon is rarely helpful.

4. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Beautiful terrain you have there. I also agree with Phil's suggestion for the third. Well done.

5. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Oh Lynne, you're developing your skills extremely well! I'm liking the whole 3!! I'd like to show you a couple of edits if that's OK. They don't need much and nothing too severe, but just to give them a bit more appeal. I think they are great shots :)

LYNN GRIFFITHS likes this.
  6. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    certainly issac. thankyou all for your comments.

7. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  8. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    are these two ok had a little crop with them!!!!

9. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Your first crop is a bit too tight imo, but the second is great and has made that a much better capture, one worth keeping.
    Paul

10. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Agree with Paul that the crop is a touch too tight. I’d keep the nice greens on the cliff, just lose the sky. It’s a well seen and taken photo all the same. The second edit is very nice indeed. :)

11. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  12. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree with Paul and Jason about the crops. All your images needed was to add a bit of contrast and some slight straightening. My favourite is #2 so I framed it for you:)
    3-E.jpg
    2-E.jpg
    1-E.jpg
    Framed
    Filey-2018---Lynn-Griffiths.jpg

ImSoQuazy and LYNN GRIFFITHS like this.
  13. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    i like very much!!!!!!. thankyou so much isac.

hi isac, could i ask what size you did the picture?.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2018
  14. ImSoQuazy

ImSoQuazy Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    How did you accomplish the frame, Isaac? Lovely touch! I’d like one please...

15. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Not sure what you mean by size Lynn. Which photo are you referring to? I just downloaded your original posted images and did the edits on those. I do the best I can with those small sizes. I did all these changes in Faststone Image Viewer. The frame I did in Photoshop. Cheers, Greg

Thanks for that @ImSoQuazy I did the matte and frame from Photoshop actions that I wrote and you can download them (freebies) from my website at https://www.isacimages.com.au and there's lots there. Help yourself and have a play.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  16. ImSoQuazy

ImSoQuazy Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you Isac. Very kind of you!
    Paul