1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Film Camera Collecting

Discussion in 'Film and Vintage Forum' started by Mike Hirst, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Over the years i have amassed a large collection of film cameras, nearly all of which have been and still are on occasion used. My Collection consists of what i would term as "user" cameras rather than the mint dont leave finger prints on my baby type because i believe that a thing should serve the purpose to which it was intended.

Question for the forum is " How many people out there in this digital revolutionary age still collect and use these film driven engineering master pieces ? "

2. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I still have mine but tend not to use them.

3. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've a few 35mm cameras and still look around on eBay for bargain new ones.
    Admittedly not shot any size summer as I've run out of film, it was great when poundland had plenty of agfa but seems to be gone, or it was. I'll have to look next time I'm out.

4. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Well-Known Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Mines is broke.

5. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have had quite few digital and film cameras at the moment I have various digital 5 I think a couple of bronicas a nettar an slr and a rangefinder. I run film plus develop my own but just on the medium format now

6. BillN_33

BillN_33 Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Trust me

"all that Gear and no idea"

this is just part - must get rid of them

[​IMG]

7. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    ^^^^^ me like ............. need to get a glass case or 2 or 3 myself, most are hidden away in alu cases at the moment .

8. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Mine are packed away in tote boxes right now due to lack of display space.
    The last film I ran through successfully was almost two years ago and then I gave that camera away to another forum member who wanted to try film.

9. BillN_33

BillN_33 Active Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I run through films Roger and never have them developed ... the ones I do are usually just "rubbish' - I've lost the film "touch" - if I ever had it:)

Roger S likes this.
  10. hooferinsane

IOTM

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I once had a largish collection of film cameras, a few which I still possess. I especially liked collecting TLR's, but the room that the collection took up started to cause a bit of domestic strife. So, I manned up..........and one day traded them in at a local camera fair :( (for some digital)
    My really big regret now was getting rid of a Rolleiflex T Grey, 75mm Carl Zeiss lens which was so sharp.

11. GarryN

GarryN Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Here is part of my collection. I got them out of the loft for a talk I gave on vintage cameras and film photography in 2015.

(There was still a few more boxes of them in the loft)

I'm gradually putting films through them and use a few different ones each year.

IMG_2432b.jpg

Snips, steve b and Lady Tee like this.
  12. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Damn you guys I have A LOT of catching up to do lol!

13. Mike Hirst

Mike Hirst Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    low quality snap shots of some of the collection just taken in the kitchen under fluro light without flash rollei 2.JPG Rolleiflex's and Rolleicords
    olympus 2.JPG
    Olympus's
    nikons 1.JPG
    Nikons , yes the quality is terrible but it was quick

Lady Tee and Electra like this.
  14. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  15. David_H

David_H Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    If I had as many cameras as some of you folks have MOH would throw a hissy fit.

16. steve b

IOTM

steve b Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well, I can't compete with you big boys, nobody in the world can compete with @GarryN

But I have three with film in and another couple on the shelf, if I ever get the films developed will be another story

2016-08-25 10.39.55 800.jpg

2016-08-25 16.26.02 800.jpg IMG_0156 800.jpg

Snips, Mike Singh and Electra like this.
  17. GarryN

GarryN Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    To be honest, I don't think mine is that impressed, all she sees is a logistical nightmare when I kick the bucket and she has to sort out my stuff.

Snips, Haripaul and David_H like this.
  18. paulmag

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    a skip......................

almost what happened to a old rescinds life work a lot of it did

19. balami

balami Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just have the one, an Olympus OM1n. It has a film in it, and I was using it over Christmas.

20. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I suspect I've got loads more film cameras since going digital than I ever had when using film.
    I don't remember ever having more than 4 when shooting film, (two 35mm SLRs, a 110 micro camera & a disposable underwater one). Since then I have all the families old SLRs/rangefinders, a 5x4 monorail, two box brownies, two pocket folding cameras... IIRC the large format one cost nearly 100x any of the other acquisitions.

I wouldn't call the box brownies 'engineering masterpieces' - just very simple designs, which I suppose is a master piece in another way.

21. john.margetts.ph

john.margetts.ph Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have around 50 film cameras and apart from the 2 127 cameras and the 117 camera (and now the Pentax MX which had seized solid while in the display cabinet), I use than all.

Two have film in them today - Bronica ETRs (Fomapan 200 Creative) and Kiev 4 (Agfa Vista)

22. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I picked up a couple of Minoltas last year at this time to add to my collection. :) The SRT100 is the baby sister of my first SLR, which was a SRT101.

DSC_8708.JPG

23. Haripaul

Haripaul Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lol I was hoping you would put your collection up.

24. Snips

IOTM

Snips Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Missed this thread earlier in the year - impressive collections, especially Garry's.

Still rue the day I sold my OM-10 and all the bits and pieces but I do wonder if the only reason was so that I could photograph it for threads like this one as I'm not sure I'd be out there using it if I had it today.

25. Graham Spiers

Graham Spiers Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    lol I have a massive collection of 11 camers so far but early days