• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Film Camera PHENIX DC901

wolfe

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hey all, I've recently just purchased a Phenix DC901 35mm SLR & I myself are actually just starting film photography, self teaching. I was looking for a camera with a prime lens but unfortunately only had a zoom lens with it, I've searched the web high and low for an instruction manual or any sort of video that would shed any light on this camera. I've only found what lens mount this has and it says "Minolta SR/MC/NON-MD" what is NON-MD.. and what prime lens would be the best as an all round lens, eg. mix of portrait and landscape pictures. Thank you!!!

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Phenix uses Minolta bayonet mount lenses as you've already discovered, and minolta used Rokkor built lenses. SR, MC, and MD lenses all have the same bayonet mount. MC is "Meter Coupled", produced from 1966-1977 and MD is "Minimum Diaphragm" produced from 1977 on. MD lenses produced after 1985 were contracted out and are of a lesser quality.

If you look for any lens designed for the Minolta SRT line, they'll work fine with your Phenix 901. They were available in the following: 28/3.5, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/3.5 Macro, 135/3.5, 135/2.8, 200/4.5 & 200/4, and the 100-200/5.6 zoom.

wolfe

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Heya! Thank you for that, so if I were to find a prime lens for my Phenix, you recommend anything from the Minolta SRT line?