1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Fire Department Photography (Social Media)

Discussion in 'What Works For You & Post Your Website Forum' started by A/Ox4, Jul 2, 2016.

1. A/Ox4

A/Ox4 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm lucky that I get to have a unique photography experience. I get to ride along with the Fire Department and snap photos at all kinds of fires, rescues, etc.

It's pretty special and not many people get to see and do what I can. It's only a volunteer gig, and my full time job is as an EMT.

Feel free to ask questions or comment.

Feel free to check out my social media:
    FB: www.facebook.com/treyspoonerphotography
    Web: www.TreySpooner.com
    IG: @emtspooner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Andy325i

Andy325i Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    OK, colour me foolish, but I did not even notice this post back in July, Trev. :getmecoat:

Good stuff here, as well as your latest one over on FB.

A/Ox4 likes this.
  4. A/Ox4

A/Ox4 Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks for following!

Roger S likes this.
  5. Barry Kidd

Barry Kidd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    These are really good. I particularly like the shot of the drop deck.

I was fortunate like that once as well. I worked a long term editorial where I did ride alongs with various fire departments in the North Eastern US for 6 months. I ate with them, slept at the fire houses and pretty much lived my life around them for 6 months.

The only restrictions placed on me was that I obviously couldn't enter a burning structure and I had to get hazmat certified. But that was it. I was even able to capture two separate explosions. Outside of my days in the Marine Corps (When I was young and dumb.) I'd never even seen an explosion. Much less captured one on film! (I haven't actually used film in since 2005. It still sounds better than "Made a digital conversion of visible light on an electronic sensor." or some stupid mess like that.

Anyway, an added benefit came from that experience as well. These days I'm still allowed to get in close. If there's a tape set up local police and fire willingly let me cross the tape, even now 7 years after the fact. That allows me to get much closer that the press.

I recently pitched another editorial about firefighters. I'm currently setting it up but haven't actually started shooting yet.

Enough of me yapping.

Great stuff!