• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Fire Training

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Most don't realize the level of training that Volunteer Fire Departments go through. I'm sure there are probably those departments that don't take it serious, but in ours I'd put our guys up against a paid department any day. It was fun watching the young guys go through the burn trailer exercises, and I couldn't help but feel a little down that my days of doing it are gone forever. We almost had a real life emergency during the training. The trailer has the capability of simulating a Flash Over (the near-simultaneous ignition of the directly exposed combustible material in the smoke of an enclosed area), but it had mechanical problems and was supposed to be locked out. Apparently the guy operating the controls accidentally pushed the wrong button while some guys were inside, unprepared. Fortunately it only puffed, but the heat was enough to almost melt a few helmets of those who had been standing, and brought home the importance of always being prepared.
Training June 2020.jpg
Training June 2020-2.jpg
Training June 2020-6.jpg
Training June 2020-3.jpg
Training June 2020-4.jpg
Training June 2020-5.jpg
Training June 2020-9.jpg
Training June 2020-7.jpgTraining June 2020-8.jpg
Training June 2020-10.jpg

Last edited:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This is a great set. My pick out of these has to be #2.

rebel06

Taking it easy.
Honorary Life Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Yes a great set, and also #2 is my pick, although I would clone out the white line that runs each side of his head.

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
This is a great set. My pick out of these has to be #2.
Yes a great set, and also #2 is my pick, although I would clone out the white line that runs each side of his head.
Thanks guys, the 2nd shot wasn't meant to be a serious effort, it's a shot of the graphic the driver side of the trailer. The white lines are scratches from limbs, etc, that made contact, look closely you'll also see the rivets. Shot 1 is the passenger side of the trailer, check out the graphic at the back - it's the front view of the graphic in shot #2. They did the same thing with the image at the front of the trailer, but the view on the driver's side is to cluttered for a good shot. The Fire College has 4 of these trailers that travel around the state.

Skyshot

Here a lot
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great pics. :)

They remind me of my Royal Navy basic training days back in the early '70s - it was the first time I'd seen BA gear, let alone get to use it in real fire (controlled) in the pitch black mock up of a ship. :eek:

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Great pics. :)

They remind me of my Royal Navy basic training days back in the early '70s - it was the first time I'd seen BA gear, let alone get to use it in real fire (controlled) in the pitch black mock up of a ship. :eek:
I was a VFFR for 20 yrs, so I've been through these, as well as the real thing. The guys that designed these trailers are devious. Put someone in a claustrophobic space, add smoke to drop the visibility to zero, throw in enough heat to cook a turkey, position all kinds of crazy hazards to get caught up in, and its' easy to get disoriented, you really have to keep your wits about you. Seen a few drug out by the straps, when they freaked out. If it's going to happen, better it happens in a controlled environment then on a real fire.