1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Go Easy On Me First Airshow

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Lensman Mark, May 8, 2018.

1. WatersideWalker

WatersideWalker Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well I never knew that, many thanks :)

2. Isac

Isac Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Faststone is my goto viewer and I use it for quick edits and also to do changes to see if I want to continue with more editing in Photoshop. It is such a powerful viewer with lots of tools. I'm quite surprised that it's not used by most photographers. I love the way the menus pop up when you move your mouse to the left and right sides of the screen. Cheers, Greg.

3. GarryN

GarryN Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    some nice prop blur. Most of them could do with a boost in contrast.

4. Andy325i

Andy325i Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cracking shots! Looks like a brilliant airshow :)

5. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looks like you had a great day with nice lighting, plenty more air shows to come this season.

6. kennethwfd

kennethwfd Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    +1 for Faststone. Easily toggle between slideshow & full screen, then zoom in. EXIF data and histogram full screen. Not come across a file format it can't open, NEF, CR2, RAF, ARW, Gif....

Isac likes this.
  7. LYNN GRIFFITHS

LYNN GRIFFITHS Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    WOW, WOW, WOW they are amazing, certainly envy those pics. i am still learning. i am going to armed forces day on sat. i have been asking for help on settings etc, can i ask what settings you used and what camera. brill pics.

8. Lensman Mark

Lensman Mark Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Lynn. I've since been back to my pictures and increased the contrast slighty or used the de-haze filter, certainly made them better.

Lens was a 70-300L on a Canon 80D. I tried to keep the shutter speeds around 250 for the prop planes and as high as I could go for the jet. I had the camera on manual, aperture f8/f11 and auto ISO. It was a bright day so I wasn't worried about noise due to the ISO going high.

As I said this was my first attempt, there are much better aircraft photographers on here than me!

Good luck Saturday, don't forget to share your pictures, always like seeing your sets.

LYNN GRIFFITHS likes this.