1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

First efforts at Indoor Photography

Discussion in 'All Other Images Forum' started by Lindsay Pennell, Jan 12, 2019 at 2:56 PM.

1. Lindsay Pennell

Lindsay Pennell Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Every day that I've not been at work for weeks now has been dull, not always raining but very dull, you know, f2.8 or wider weather. So in desperation, I bought some cheap continuous lights and soft boxes off Amazon and some card backgrounds, and set up a mini-studio of sorts in my workshop. There were two 85w lights in soft boxes each at 45 degrees from the subject. Camera is D500, Sigma 105mm lens, f2.8 1/320 sec, ISO was auto and crept up to 2200. That tells me the lights weren't strong enough, maybe I could have managed without the soft boxes. Anyway, I'd be interested in any comments please:

20190112-D500-D50_0064-CleanHeels-small.jpg

It was entitled "A Clean Pair of Heels"

Hatter and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You have a surprisingly deep DOF here, considering the f/2.8. That's a good thing. The lighting angles work good, as does the card b/g, so other than maybe a bit brighter light, the overall is working fine.

3. Lindsay Pennell

Lindsay Pennell Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Roger. It's a genre I want to do more of, given the dull weather!

4. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  5. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)