1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Want Pointers First High Key

Discussion in 'Studio Images Forum' started by slipper, Sep 22, 2017.

1. slipper

slipper Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely portrait John. For crit I would say the hair in between them doesn't look right and some other areas of hair. Not sure how you did this shot - did you cut them out and put them on the white bg or create the white bg in studio with flash? If its the former I would say you have lost some of the hair in the selection (mostly the lady's). Great effort though- hair cutting out with whispy hair is very difficult though

3. slipper

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Brian. bit of both, didn't quite get background white enough so touched up inLR, auto mask on and increased exposure.
    Will use 2 flash next time on rear.

hooferinsane likes this.
  4. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looks good to me but agree with what Brian said - yes you probably need more light, but I nearly always have to clean my bg's up and thats using 2 lights as if you have them too high you do get that hair frazzle, unless you can really seperate them with good space from the BG

5. slipper

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cheers Jen, will try with two and work from there.