1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

fisheye / UWA for MFT cameras

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by Dean M, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    been looking for some time now and have a few pennies coming my way ( plus 50th birthday ).
    not looking to spend a lot as tbh i rarely get out with camera now ( not seen light of day since around august ) . the obvious ones that have been around for some time are the Samyangs and Rokinons but they are around the £200-300 price.
    however ive come across 3 other lenses , all slightly different but all around £130
    the 7Artisans 7.5mm f/2.8 . ive heard of this one and seen a few reviews and its not a bad little lens.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/7artisans-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=TX9RFH6NMDBMAHJ36YDR

the 2nd is the Meike 6.5mm f/2.0 lens.. anothe rbrand ive heard of.. sligtly wider and faster than the 7artisans one but the downside is more a risk of goldish shots and gharder to correct.
    shown here
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Meike-Circ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D6WM20MA57RXTHNBP3KM

this is the one thats caught my eye though but ive never ever heard of them. the lens is an Oshiro 8mm f/3.5 . so firstly its not quite as wide, 2ndly its slower at f3.5 and thirdly its totally unknown to me though google brings up a website for them theres pretty much zero in way or reviews
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oshiro-Fis...xfoCUq%2BL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

anyone know anything or have used any of the above lenses?

2. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The last one, looks like the same Samyang/Rokinon/Opteka/Bower/etc lens. It is another mount with a 4/3 adapter.

Here is the Opteka https://www.amazon.co.uk/Opteka-Asp...keywords=fisheye+lens&refinements=p_89:Opteka

They call it 6.5mm, but everyone else calls it 8mm.

3. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    interesting .. wonder what its like of the mft , not a fan of using adapters mind and its not exactly clear on amazon that the mft version requires an adapter . i would have gone for the 7artisans one but alas long delivery time and wont be here in time for easter week when im off.

4. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I cannot comment on the others but I do have this one. It works quite well and it worth it for the price.

5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    bonus from work through so pulled the plug on the 7artisans lens.. arriving tomorrow ( which happens to also be my day off so lets hope delivery driver comes early enough for me to get out and try it.)

7. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Congratulations! I'm not sure that the choice of lens matters that much when shooting fisheye. It is such a specialty lens it is rarely used. It should, however, be great fun to play with.

8. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    on the MFT this lens performs much closer to an UWA so any sight fisheye effect will be countered in pp. so in effect its replacing my old 10-18 i had when i shot with canon aps-c dslrs

MikeB likes this.
  9. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    lens arrived today.. all manual but its about as simple as can be .. set it to f/8, stick it on infinity and job done.
    popped out to local fields with the dog ( any excuse to test the lens ) and fired off a few shots.
    very impressed... shots are nothing special but gives idea of how well it works as an UWA
    very little correction needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DonS and Mike Singh like this.
  10. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well done. Looks good.

11. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Those look good, but I am mobile at the moment.