1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Flickr being used like Faceache

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by mikew, Mar 20, 2017.

1. mikew

mikew Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just really for the first time noticed a trend on Flckr.

This morning some one started following me,i did what i normally do clicked through to his page to view his images, they where very nice and interesting enough for me to possibly follow.

Then i noticed his details at the top,he joined in 2016 and had 222 images all good so far, then i noticed he was following 12,500 and because of that had picked up 2,800 followers, guess he is doing it for an ego boost like having X number of friends on Faceache.

2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have noticed this also Mike.....

3. Frankinfuji

Frankinfuji Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    You can get add-on apps for Flickr that will automatically Like and follow others. Some even post inane comments like 'Good capture' usually followed by an invitation to follow their photostream.

I've also seen people post every photo in every Group they are a member of, even if they are utterly irrelevant to the group, and the Admins have all left their Groups years ago.

Seems very sad and pointless to me, and it's destroyed all of the Groups which have just become tools for the saddo's who measure their personal worth in likes and followers.

Flickr for me is just free cloud storage, and I'm sure it will shut down soon, so I'm backing up my photos to a hard drive.

4. Jason

Jason Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It has gone down the drain over last year or two. I found some great local groups when I joined years ago, met plenty of local photographers and got tons of useful feedback to learn from. As a learning resource it's dead imho. I just use it for image storage really. I do add to a few groups but it seems a waste of time really. I won't be renewing my pro sub next year.

5. spuriosity

IOTM

spuriosity Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes I found this a while back and decided I couldn't be bothered with it.

6. stanm

stanm Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It is also probably a way of getting a shot on flickr Explore. There was one the other day that had 400,000 views since been uploaded a week previous - how on earth ?? and it wasnt anything special as far as shots go. There is one near the top of the list now - uploaded on 17 March and so far over 32000 views - this one is a nice shot but how do they get so many views in such a short period

Stan

7. paulmag

paulmag Always on Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Have come across that myself I just ignore them

tenchy likes this.
  8. Lady Tee

Lady Tee Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I ignore too, it's been going on awhile of think.

9. tenchy

IOTM

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm feeling left out then :)

jamos71 likes this.
  10. mikew

mikew Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I shouldn't say this out loud but i feel the same about spam in Google mail, its a couple of months since have i had anything, how can i become a millionaire

tenchy likes this.
  11. Graham Spiers

Graham Spiers Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    would you all follow me??? as for google spam the wife keeps getting offers for Penis enlargement, but hers is big enough Itd 3d Ani W60 Smiles 005

DonS likes this.