1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Food Photography

Discussion in 'Photography Tips, Tricks & Tutorials Forum' started by smitha, Mar 19, 2017.

1. smitha

smitha New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    What are the various tricks/ substitutes used by professional food photographers and stylists?

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello and WELCOME to the forum.

Is there any particular trick yo are interested in figuring out? Food photography is quite an art form and it all depends on what item you want to shoot, so yours is not a simple answer.

3. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The best tip I learned is to have a food stylist.

And something I learned just a few days ago is a chef's creation will look very flat in a photograph whereas a food stylist's creation will not look that appetising until it's in a photograph as it will be too tall; and I suspect awkward to eat.

4. smitha

smitha New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I'm writing an article on food photography, and I want to mention the various substitutes photographers and stylists use during a shoot. All i know so far is that mashed potato is used as a sub for icecream

5. DwarvenChef

DwarvenChef Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    ARRGGHH, Food Stylists.... Grrr shoot them all. It's no longer food after they get their mits on the good stuff....