1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Footy Green Screen

Discussion in 'Studio Images Forum' started by arteta, Jul 29, 2018.

1. arteta

arteta Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It was our annual trophy day at the grassroots football club were I coach my sons Under 7s last month so I got asked to do the photo's again. Last years was individual portraits on a white backdrop but this year I thought I'd jazz it up a little and use green screen

On the plus side, I wasn't doing all the teams this year. Just four, but that's still 55 kids with editing taking nearly an hour to do both the individual and group. Problem is the software I used, as good as it is, doesn't allow you to do some of the things PS can so with the layers so it was pretty time consuming

I know the lighting in the individual may not match the lighting in the scene but I had to remove one of the lights as it was rocked up against the bar so the barman wouldn't have been too happy :)

Anyway, as time consuming as it was, I did get a pretty good sale from them but nothing to make a living off

The group images were around 30mb each full res hence the poor quality

Luca-1-PF.jpg NOAH-PF.jpg

2. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    none of the kids or parents will give a toss about light direction :)
    They will like these

3. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work!

arteta likes this.
  4. Isac

Isac Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well done arteta! They look really cool and the kids and parents will be happy as Larry with these. If it were me, I would have put some sort of frame around the "chopped off" kids, but that's a minor issue. Great work!

5. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looking great - the kids (and parents) must love these!

6. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great idea and excellent work.

After spending a considerable time pixel peeping I've only found the two shadows from the lad's legs in the top photo to look slightly awkward (for want of a better word). Even then you could argue that's the shadow from the main light behind.