• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Just Sharing For those who remember 1972

rebel06

Looking for a cause.
Do you remember when in August Prince William of Gloucester crashed and died in his light aircraft during an air race at Halfpenny Green Staffordshire, I was in the crowd watching that day and remember it well.
Well today I visited the church in Bobbington near where he crashed to see the wrought iron memorial to him.
IMG_6059a.jpg
IMG_6057a.jpg
IMG_6055a.jpg
He was the Queens cousin and grandson of King George V and was 4th in line to the throne at the time.

Paul

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
I was just a few weeks old, so don’t remember that. Looked it up though as curious about it.

Snips

Always on
Pleasant trio of photos, Paul.

Don't recall that at all - was at school and the news wasn't watched on tv. This was though - sorry for the ear worm lol

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Mention 1972 to a Canadian and all we think of is the Canada - Russia Summit Series of hockey (we won, BTW) :)

Ogofmole

Always on
Pleasant trio of photos, Paul.

Don't recall that at all - was at school and the news wasn't watched on tv. This was though - sorry for the ear worm lol

I remember 'Black Beauty' well and of course 'Alf Garnett. maybe best not to mention him these days lol.

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
'72 was the first time I heard Bowie. The rest is history a real life changer for me.

Skyshot

'72 was a good year for me - I lost my virginity. :eek:

I also picked up my enthusiasm for photography and began lusting after the new Olympus M-1 (later to become the OM-1). I managed to pick up a used one in late '75 just after I left the Navy - I still have it and it still works. :D

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
'72 was the first time I heard Bowie. The rest is history a real life changer for me.
Oh yes. While practicing on the tank range, we had those Ziggy Stardust posters stuck on the side of the targets to see if we could hit the Starman between the eyes. I did manage to place a couple of 88mm rounds close enough to blow the poster off the target tank, but never close enough to eliminate the threat. :D

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
Oh yes. While practicing on the tank range, we had those Ziggy Stardust posters stuck on the side of the targets to see if we could hit the Starman between the eyes. I did manage to place a couple of 88mm rounds close enough to blow the poster off the target tank, but never close enough to eliminate the threat. :D
That figures, if never known a Canadian to be very effective at anything:grin:

Pete Larkin

Always on
Premium Member
Funnily enough, I just downloaded the theme tune to Robinson Crusoe as well!

Coming back to the original. I do have vague memories of the event, and the photos are clear and sympathetic - like the shadowing on the wrought iron.