• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Forced Perspective Tutorial.

Paul Mitchell

Paint a 6 foot wooden pole in one foot increments black & white. Do the same for dowling sticks that are in the same scale as is being used. In this case 1:18 scale. Give the stick a plasticine base and stick in in front of the model. Have someone hold the 6 foot stick in the spot you want the car to appear to be. Now moving the camera back and forth until the sticks line up. When they do then the scale model will appear to be full scale.

DSC_6081LR.jpg

DSC_6084LR.jpg

Paul Mitchell

Thanks Isac. I will try to keep up with your expectations. Here is one from recent. This guy flies onto the driveway to take his mother shopping. He does this every Thursday after clearing it with air traffic control.

DSC_9321LRCC.jpg

Well actually not really. Unless his mother is very little....

DSC_9325LR.jpg

Paul Mitchell

Very clever.

Let's hope a train's not coming as that's a lovely look car :)
That gives me an idea Snips. Next time I will let the train get just a foot or so away. Like I took the shot just before the big impact. That would be a pretty dramatic effect.

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
For you Bond fans, here is Sean Connery leaning up against my 1:18 scale Aston Martin DB5.
Sweet. I love that you chose the right James Bond for the shot. ;)

That gives me an idea Snips. Next time I will let the train get just a foot or so away. Like I took the shot just before the big impact. That would be a pretty dramatic effect.
Now you're giving me ideas..............

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Ive been meaning to get out the Bordens truck to make some deliveries. Here is one of them.
This works very well. Question, though: Did you take the street scene first and then base your light and shadow on the truck from that, or the other way around?

Paul Mitchell

This is one single shot Roger. Thats why the light is perfect. Shot with a 18mm wide angle lens at f22 while camera was on tripod. Shutter speed was 1/125, but irrelevant. It could have been any speed that was needed by lighting conditions. The road under the van is the board I used that is also under the biplane in the driveway.

Paul Mitchell

Ah so how far is the van from your camera and how far the house.
The house is across the road, while the van is on my side of the road sitting on a small portable table. The distance from the van to the camera is determined by the use of my kenison sticks, which I have explained above.

Paul Mitchell

hahaha thats a good one Isac. Thanks for the work you put into that one.

Here is a Lincoln Zephyr in the garage for a minor tuneup.

DSC_3707HDRLR.jpg

Here is a before and after. Nice shiny new red to a beat up old rusting wreck.

TOWTRUCKS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Isac

Always on
You're welcome on the books - It's pretty quick to do, I wrote an action to do all the hard work. You're a magician with your FP work Paul, keep 'em comin'. How did you get the rusty look?

Paul Mitchell

A guy in my building has an Aston Martin Vantage. He only uses it to go to the beer store. Otherwise he's too drunk to drive.

DSC_4966LRCC.jpg