1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Free DxO OpticsPro 11 Essential Edition

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by al1967, Oct 5, 2017.

1. al1967

al1967 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    And once again the good guys at DxO are giving away their DxO OpticsPro 11 (the latest version) Essential Edition for free.
    It supports most of the modern cameras and a large number of lenses with automatic or manual correction of exposure, sharpness, colours, chromatic aberrations and lens distortions both for Jpeg and RAW images.
    All in all a very nice piece of image conversion and editing software worth $129.
    Just click on the link below to get your download link for both Mac and PC version and your free registration code.

http://www.dxo.com/us/practicalphotography

The list of supported cameras and lenses is here: http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro/supported-cameras
    The overview and features of the program are here: http://www.dxo.com/us/photography/photo-software/dxo-opticspro

PS. This is not an Elite Edition with all the options activated, but still a very good program, especially for free.

2. mikew

mikew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Since dumping Adobe CC and going back to Elements i have been looking for a free raw editor so have downloaded this.

I can be a bit slow learning these things so i decided to test it in auto mode only to compere it with ACR in auto, my thinking being if auto can come close in both it would be worth learning more about Dxo.

I tested it with a ISO 6400 underexposed image this is a straight conversion to jpeg.

DSC_6298.jpg

This is what Dxo did in auto

DSCN0647EDIT.jpg

This is what ACR did in auto

DSC_6298PS.jpg

Going to watch a few videos as i think i may like Dxo with further editing after auto.

3. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Lens modules are quite limited for my D500 :(

4. mikew

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I was pleasantly surprised to find a D500 and Sigma 100-400 available.

5. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    No 500 f4 or 300 PF though :(

6. al1967

al1967 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    haven't checked in the supported lenses list on their site, but in the program in the DxO Optics modules management both 500 F/4 (G and E FL versions) and 300 PF are listed for D500.

7. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Ah that's interesting to note, I'll check it out then ... thank you :)

8. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've been after a better solution for RAW processing - perhaps this will be it!
    Thanks for the link:)

9. mikew

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  10. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Downloaded it and it's an interesting option ... I'm going to play with it for a while and see how I get on.
    It does have lots of Nikon camera/lens modules that you can download, it also offered me a 500 f4 Fl + 1.4iii TC option for images taken with my 500 f4 G + 1.4ii TC which shows at least it is trying. :)

11. gramps

gramps Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    This is a pretty powerful bit of software, I'm quite impressed! :)

12. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I've been using DxO software for 4 years and they produce solid products. I use the DxO OpticsPro 11 for some of my raw conversions (it does a better job than Adobe on some photos) and it has a lot of great tools. However, the Standard version does not have several functions that the Elite version has including ClearView and Prime Noise reduction and it is not compatible with higher end cameras. DxO's lens correction capability seems to be superior to that of Adobe. However, the program has a slow startup. It is my back-up software to Photoshop. I can often get something done faster in DxO than in Photoshop but if I want a high quality image I often have to go back and redo it in Photoshop. DxO allows you to do some cool adjustments but often the result looks over processed.