1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Friday 13th October 2017 Chatter

Discussion in 'Non Photography Chat Forum' started by balami, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:24 PM.

1. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What plans does everyone have for the weekend?

I'm a little early with this post this week as I'm travelling to the Netherlands tomorrow morning, heading for the biggest jukebox and retro show in the world. With camera of course.......

And it's Friday the 13th - what can go wrong!?

Ramble Vision likes this.
  2. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Enjoy that one, John. What a blaze of colour that will be.

No substantial plans - possibly look into putting in a replacement light in the stables.

Ramble Vision and balami like this.
  3. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The girls have a birthday party to go to where they will be climbing trees and then going on zip lines (cables, harness, etc) between them. After that we are going directly up to the lake and will be going to the Bala Cranberry Festival. It is cranberry harvesting season and there will be all things cranberry.

4. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    My birthday on Saturday so just going to have a lazy day and off to shake by booty at a Reggae dance on Saturday night a mate of mine runs three or four times a year.:D Usually a colourful night.

Dunno about Sunday.

5. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Off to Buxton tomorrow. Then going over to Castleton to walk to the top of Man Tor. (weather permitting). Then just for a change working on Sunday :)

6. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I'm off work today, having a sorting out day, then need to catch up on studies. tomorrow going to a family thing. then after that don't know, studying, perhaps some more holiday snap editing.

balami likes this.
  7. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    just done an IT call for the mother, meh.
    Tomorrow evening going to friend's house for a get together, but I can't get too merry as I need to get up at damn 6.45 to get on the road to get to Milton Keynes. There is the annual RSGB (radio) convention and they are presenting the contesting trophies. I have the 2016 Backpackers Trophy to collect. Then later picking up one from Practical Wireless magazine for the 2016 PW QRP Contest. I'm guessing my mugshot will appear in the RSGB magazine (only members see that) and also in PW magazine. That'll be the 2nd time in PW for me, previously was in there for same reason in 1993.

DonS likes this.
  8. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Congrats on the award. No reason you cannot be all hung over to get it :)

9. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    there is for me!! Not keen on hangover period, but driving 2 or 3 hours in the UK with one, no thanks!

10. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham Ol' Sparky Honorary Life Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nothing on this weekend, unless someone does something untoward; which is a good thing as I'm starting to feel a bit burned out now...I don't think I'll have chance to chill out mind as the other half as many, many plans of which most are a load of tripe.

Biggest things I've got on the to do list are to source some new SSD's as I've had two go down in the last 10 days (both Sandisk, both same age and just out of warranty, different machines, both supposedly the same model and when stripped to have a look, two completely different beasts); so it's either wait around for Amazon to ship me a couple on next day (which is a joke as next day has been showing as next week for most of this) or go down in to Barcelona on Monday and buy a pair (significantly cheaper, if the cost of going in to town is not considered).

11. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    today has been good so far, my mortgage is now 100 pounds cheaper a month then it was and just got the results or my last HNC assignment, 100%, well chuffed as I barely scraped through the last module. Back to to the grind now though, working on assignment 2, its right tricky, but oddly I'm quite enjoying it, its like a set of crazy brain teaser puzzles all about industrial process systems...

davcoll and balami like this.
  12. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Friday the 13th ehhh ..... I was born on a friday the 13th, my wife was one of 13 children, and she lived at number 13 when we met (all true) .... so thinking I must be ready for some good luck I have done the Euro. lol.
    Barmouth Bridge celebrates it's 150th and there is going to be a firework/lazer show tomorrow night .... possibly will be rammed so going in on the train .... not sure yet if I will photograph it or just enjoy it.
    Paul

tenchy likes this.
  13. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Update: I may be getting a cold :( The weather does not look good for the Cranberry Festival so I am 80% certain we will not go. As of right now, just past noon locally, I feel like going to get the girls out of school curling up together to watch a movie.

14. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    but then the girls will be ill too!
    Really what you should do is bathe in boiling water to kill all those evil germs.

(do not try that at home folks)

Lady Tee and DonS like this.
  15. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Friday the 13th, eh Don? Since everyone else has such bad luck on Friday the 13th, we bought a ticket on the $10 million lottery for tonight. :)

16. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Remember your friends Roger :)

17. DonS

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I did as well :)

Roger S likes this.