• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Friday 14th December chatter

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Christmas is getting close, is anyone working on those Christmas photos for the competition: https://www.photography-forum.org/threads/so-here-it-is-merry-christmas-2018.152043/ ?

I have been home sick the past few days, it came on very quickly Tuesday night. Today I am going to try to work from home. I tested out everything last night including using the "softphone" on a computer connected to work with a VPN.

Tomorrow my wife's American cousins come to visit. We alternate years so it is there turn to come up here. This is a whole day event and into Sunday brunch before they make the drive home. They are coming from just north of Detroit so while a long drive it is not too long. I will be taking mostly family shots, but one of the things we are doing is taking the kids to the Ripley's Aquarium which has some good photo opportunities.

What is everyone else doing this weekend?

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
i have one more test to do for my qualification (all about centrifuges this time), so I will be doing that as I would like to have it done before breaking up for christmas. (after this test I have just a design project to do and im done, no more studies, very happy about that fact) any way, tonight im going to watch my mums choir sing, its funny how roles reverse as the years go on, she used to have go and watch my school plays etc, this time of year :) As well as studying i need to get some last minute Christmas shopping done (by that I mean all my Christmas shopping.)

family meal tomorrow as my brother and his family are visiting.

then Sunday more Christmas shopping and maybe sit in my studio and do some more work on a tune (ive been getting back into my music making of late)

Last edited:

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
Working tomorrow and Sunday. Even more painful after a week off. :(

Keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Snowdon. Showing heavy snow for sat and sun and a dry day for Monday, so may pop over Monday morning for a mooch about. (Not sure that a 100 minute drive can be classed as ‘popping over’ but...) Failing that Monday will be the Xmas market in Brum or a walk around Chester, both with the little M43 camera. Haven’t decided yet..

JAH-WAR

Always on
Premium Member
I might buy a raincoat, not that I need another jacket or coat as I have about 50 or 60 already:D.

I need to get a tap, fittings and waste bits for a new sink that needs fitting in our downstairs bog. I expect to get wet on both fronts :D:D!!!

Last edited:

balami

Always on
Premium Member
Family pub lunch tomorrow then on Sunday I'm off to see Paul McCartney play the O2 in London. The umpteenth time I've seen him, and it's always a cracking gig.

ed taylor

Super Ed
Super Moderator
Got an easy weekend. No work for me. No real plans. Just going to take it easy. Then to work on Monday for the day. Then that's me finished till the new year. Long christmas break for me this year. As actually had more holiday days left than I thought I had.:D

tenchy

Rain maker
Administrator
We're going to Rachy's sister's tonight for a little family and friends get together. Other than that no plans.
As my weekend starts at 12.15 Friday I will share yesterday afternoon's small giggle.

Enjoying the peace and quiet of the place to myself on the pc I was interrupted (read jumped in surprise) by the doorbell.
An unsolicited caller with id badge.
"good afternoon sir, are you having a good day? "
" yes thanks so far" (scanning for a visual clue to the sell)
"blah blah blah, I'm with blue cross, do you love animals sir? " (aha. Never heard of blue cross)
" oh yes, especially a good steak"
(look of realisation appears on his face)
"thank you sir, have a good day "

Job politely done.

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
We're going to Rachy's sister's tonight for a little family and friends get together. Other than that no plans.
As my weekend starts at 12.15 Friday I will share yesterday afternoon's small giggle.

Enjoying the peace and quiet of the place to myself on the pc I was interrupted (read jumped in surprise) by the doorbell.
An unsolicited caller with id badge.
"good afternoon sir, are you having a good day? "
" yes thanks so far" (scanning for a visual clue to the sell)
"blah blah blah, I'm with blue cross, do you love animals sir? " (aha. Never heard of blue cross)
" oh yes, especially a good steak"
(look of realisation appears on his face)
"thank you sir, have a good day "

Job politely done.
nice work

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Yesterday I picked up the "official" qualifications from being back at school at the beginning of the year; so that's more letters after the name and something else to hang in the toilet. Also got the studio project at work green lit, as the boss dropped myself and the other guy I work with in it by organising a studio session when we didn't have a studio, so we magicked one up out of what we'd got kicking around and a store room; so morning discussion yesterday was "What would make this better?", and she accepted the ideas.

Today I've had one of the work laptops in front of me all day, an issue with Lightroom (an Adobe problem, no surprises) and it not loading on one user account; something to do with permissions in somewhere in $HOME (as sudo-ing the binary, it worked), so just jet washed it and re-installed the lot... Whilst that was doing, I cracked on making a few Christmas decorations with a bit of ribbon weaving (using 3mm aluminium ribbon for the giggles).