1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Getting back into photography

Discussion in 'Photography & Camera Basics Forum' started by jemstar555, May 15, 2017.

1. jemstar555

jemstar555 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi,

I am looking at getting back into photography after a gap of a few years.

Last time out I had a Nikon D7000 which I sold as I was rarely using it and needed the funds at the time.

I'm looking to buy another camera but money is tight and I was wondering what you guys might recommend?

I am looking used DSLR, around the £200 to £300 range and I am primarily looking at landscapes and urban exploration.

Any advice would be very much appreciated :)

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hiya Steve and welcome back. It's been a few years.

3. jemstar555

jemstar555 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Roger, it has indeed :)

Roger S likes this.
  4. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Steve check out MPB our sponsors, top right of the page.

5. jemstar555

jemstar555 Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

6. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    welcome back!

7. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I wonder if a 4/3rds system might be used more? Something like the Fuji X-T1 or Olympus OM-D? Both cracking cameras, much lighter and smaller than DSLRs but super image quality. I've suggested these as I suspect you're wanting something better than a bridge camera.