1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Girl on sofa

Discussion in 'Portrait Images Forum' started by Flandrach, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Flandrach

Flandrach Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    [​IMG]

Thanks for watching!

Mike Singh and Newbandit like this.
  2. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    nice image, nice eye contact and i like the casual pose. good use of DOF as well.

Flandrach likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I agree with all of the above. Very well shot. About the only crit I would have with this one is where the bottom is cut right through her knee. It might work better cropped up just a bit higher.

Flandrach likes this.
  4. Newbandit

Newbandit Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A very nice image indeed, I agree a tighter crop would work especially a square crop.

Flandrach likes this.
  5. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Agree on the crop, following the never crop on a joint `rule`... Nice pic though

Flandrach likes this.
  6. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Agree with all above. I would crop the bottom just until her left knee and thigh top is out of picture, and a little off the top.

Flandrach likes this.
  7. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Jumping on the crop bandwagon but I like the image for its natural feel.

Flandrach likes this.
  8. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Agree on the crop but a lovely soft feel to this, well done.

Flandrach likes this.
  9. Flandrach

Flandrach Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well thank you all for the feedback, and the positive replies. I agree with all the cropping comments!
    I noticed that this is a returning comment on other pictures I post, so this is a good working point for me.

A bit of self criticism: maybe i also need to straighten it? The lines of the laminate wall show i didn't shoot very straight. (In my opinium it isn't always necesarry, but in this case i'm in doubt).

Trying is learning... Thx all!

10. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That's the sort of thing that people always pick up here so looks like you got away with it!! I didn't notice it until you said it, but yes now I would rotate it. You might need to use content-aware fill to try and keep your composition without losing too much of your image.

Flandrach likes this.