• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Glencoe and Loch Leven

Jason

Always on
Premium Member
It was like that when we went, albeit with a bit of snow mixed in. Our first drive through Glencoe should have been a Wow! moment but we couldn’t even see the mountains. :confused::p Seems it’s like the Snowdonia I know so well, it can rain relentlessly for days. Saying that, when you get that fleeting glimpse of light on the mountainside during the grottiness, it’s generally a winner.

I still think you’ve made some good photos though, I like them all.

SFTphotography

Old Hand
The weathers been foul lately and far from ideal for landscapes from horrid windy days, foul rain and dreaful morning fog some days.

Last one is the best composition.

imagesBV

Good images from bad weather conditions...I like 1 and 2 the most, maybe they are the classic shots that typify the location...but I think they work well in those conditions....I'd certainly hang those on the wall.

alpethsm

Old Hand
It was like that when we went, albeit with a bit of snow mixed in. Our first drive through Glencoe should have been a Wow! moment but we couldn’t even see the mountains. :confused::p Seems it’s like the Snowdonia I know so well, it can rain relentlessly for days. Saying that, when you get that fleeting glimpse of light on the mountainside during the grottiness, it’s generally a winner.

I still think you’ve made some good photos though, I like them all.
Hey Jason, hah yeah that sounds about right. I went to snowdonia last year and got a pretty similar treatment, although not quite as bad as my week in Scotland . You're right the silver lining in this weather is you do get nice dramatic light if the sun ever does manage to burn through. Cheers for the thoughts.

Beautiful photos. I’m really liking the 2nd one.
Cheers David, my pic of them too.

The weathers been foul lately and far from ideal for landscapes from horrid windy days, foul rain and dreaful morning fog some days.

Last one is the best composition.
Yeah it's been awful, weirdly for the weekend that I took these the rest of the UK was lovely, West Scotland however...

Good images from bad weather conditions...I like 1 and 2 the most, maybe they are the classic shots that typify the location...but I think they work well in those conditions....I'd certainly hang those on the wall.
Thanks, I might do a small print of no2 and yeah I think they're a good representation of how it felt being there with these sheets of rain rolling through the valley.

I think these are better for the weather, think a bright blue sky wouldn't do them half as much.

Paul
Hah yeah... well that's what I keep telling myself to make up for a ruined holiday.

A nice set but I really like the last.
Cheers, I really liked the 2 Scots Pines popping up across the Loch.

I like them all. Great collection and typical of the weather up there!
Thanks snips and yeah absolutely typical for Scotland.

First two,dark gloomy and mysterious, really good set.
Cheers gaelldew, glad you liked them.

Aye, imagine how bad it would have been with blue skies. :D
You can see conditions are difficult what with blanket overcast skies, not much you can do about that so good job considering.
Hah, I'd have taken blue skies, I'll happily shoot them. I did struggle a bit with the very flat light from the cloud cover.

Beautiful shots. I love 3rd one.
Thanks saurabh, it's always nice when people like different shots.

Last edited: