1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules
  1. WatersideWalker

WatersideWalker Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day WW

Looks beaut to my eye - plenty of fine detail, great polish too - and I like the tiny bit of repeat from the other bikes. The mono treatment makes it all come together!

Phil

WatersideWalker likes this.
  3. Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    This is the dogs doodahs in my opinion. Well done.

4. WatersideWalker

WatersideWalker Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Many thanks Ozzie & Jerry !

5. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice, I think I'd have preferred a touch more space at the front & bottom, but I doubt I'd have managed to do half as well!

6. JAH-WAR

JAH-WAR Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Yeah, I'd have given it more space all around, got rid of the bike behind it and removed the wheel lock (if it were possible that is).

I'd liked to have seen the colour version seeing as you have titled it 'Goldie'. Might have considered removing the human element from the tank reflection:D

Nice looking bike tho. These Cafe Racer type bike have had a bit of a resurgence in recent years.

7. WatersideWalker

WatersideWalker Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes, a bit of a misnomer by me as it is a BSA Super Rocket in reality, The Gold Star is the bike behind it. Lots of clutter around the bikes and had to get close for this shot. I also have no idea on cloning things out, the lock was on it so stays in the image :) The shot was taken in monochrome on a D5300.

8. JAH-WAR

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Ah, I didn't mean remove the lock by cloning I meant physically take it off before you took the shot, hence I said "if it were possible":D:D

So, shot in B+W fair enough but is it a gold or chrome tank? I think I've seen both over the years on various models of bikes.

9. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Just a quick tip: Never shoot monochrome in camera. It's much better to do your conversion in your editor on a copy of the original. You will have much more control over how it turns out than relying on the pre programmed computerised version that some tekkie put in your camera firmware.

10. WatersideWalker

WatersideWalker Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It is all polished alloy, chrome and black paint, one of the best looking bikes I have ever taken a photo of Jah-War :) The owner wasn't about to remove the lock either. If I had any control over the image I could have waited for him and set the scene up, as it was I just grabbed this while walking past. Thanks for your input, much appreciated. I'm still learning this game :)

JAH-WAR likes this.
  11. JAH-WAR

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Nae worries, aye every day is a school day :D. We're all still learning.

Makes me feel like getting my bike back on the road. It needs some work done having been off the road for nearly 2 years. Theres no one local to do it tho, the nearest being 15-20 miles away and will need to be uplifted and taken there.

12. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Cool image I would love a real classic bike but the wife won't let me lol.