1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Google Will Now Start Embedding Metadata In Image Searches.

Discussion in 'Photography News Forum' started by Roger S, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  2. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    'bout bloody time

3. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day fellas

Some here won't know the full import of this - so could you explain more please

Phil from the great land Downunder

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    G'day, Phil.
    What this means is that if you upload your images to your personal web site, or to one of the print sites or anywhere but Farcebook or Twitface, then when Google does an image search it will come back with whatever images it can scan. As long as you upload with your metadata intact then that data is shown. Your metadata includes your copyright information if you have that included in your camera settings. Google searches are worldwide. I did a Google image search with my own personal name and it returned images which I have offered for sale on many various sites as well as images from my personal web page.

As of right now, the metadata was not shown, but with full implementation when it happens, that should be overlaid. Or so they say....................

Google is doing a preemptive attempt at not being sued by photographers because of their incessant data mining and returning copyrighted images along with those which are public domain.

SharonH likes this.
  5. Ozzie_Traveller

Ozzie_Traveller Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)