1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Full Critique Grand Mosque

Discussion in 'City/Street/Architecture' started by wraggtime, Dec 13, 2018.

1. wraggtime

wraggtime Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I'm no street photographer but I grabbed these 2 at the Grand Mosque in Dubai. I could have edited out the security guard but I like the fact he was sitting down and and uninterested in the events around him in contrast to the respectful lady walking into shot. But maybe i'm wrong, over to you.

DSC_5287gpc.jpg DSC_5308gpc.jpg

2. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work with both Dave.

wraggtime likes this.
  3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The framing of the spires? in the first is great, Dave.

4. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    really nice shots, its a great story in the first.

wraggtime likes this.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Really love this type of architecture visually and you have captured it beautifully. The first is composed perfectly and as Steve says tells a story.

wraggtime likes this.
  6. wraggtime

wraggtime Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    They are called minarets, it’s where the call to prayer is broadcast from. Interestingly only one person is used for the call to prayer at the Grand Mosque and his voice is broadcast through speakers from other mosques around Abu Dhabi.

The framing was deliberate the rest was right place right time, after she walked through the frame about 4000 tourists flooded the place.

Roger S likes this.
  7. JSharm

JSharm Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The first shot it great - lots going on yet a simple composition

wraggtime likes this.
  8. no_attitude

no_attitude Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    As everyone else is saying, first pic has beautiful composition. It's like the architecture is receiving the searing azure sky & all that arid heat, mixing it all up, cooling it, toning it down a few shades, adding some ripples, and thus chilling it out in its reflection on the marble floor, out of which grows the people, so it's like the architecture transmutes the environment into something human.

As for the second pic l would have just had the colonnades, the poole, the grass, but nothing above that or to the left or right as there's something going on with the left hand side being in shadow that feels grating to the senses. The perspective on the colonnades is great.

wraggtime likes this.
  9. Hatter

Hatter Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Love the first one, Dave.

wraggtime likes this.
  10. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Liking the first very much. I suspect the lack of comments on the second is that unfortunately he's looking/facing out of the shot instead of into it. Photoshop him (and his shadow) over to the right? :exit:

Better still, perhaps, remove him?

Two lovely shots and I like the exposure. First is superb though with so many things to notice as you study the photograph more like the two people on the right (the left person is clearly the lead in), the reflections, wall details and so on.

wraggtime likes this.