1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Help choosing camera!!

Discussion in 'Who Are You ??' started by Joe best, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Joe best

Joe best New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi Folks.

I am looking for some advise...

I have a car sales business and I want a camera to take quality pictures of the Cars I'm retailing. Not the typical mobile phone pictures which are particularly bad in low light.

I basically want something simple to use. I started off thinking the Sony rx100 mk3 was the one, which then led me to the Sony A6000, which I actually went to buy today, when the retailer told me I was spending to much money for my needs, She went on to say the canon sx530hs was ample, which is a fraction of the cost.

Please help me!

Joe

2. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Joe and welcome to the forum ... .will you be using the camera just for the car photos or do you intend to use it for other things?

3. Snips

IOTM

Snips Old Hand Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and a warm welcome.

I don't know those cameras, not that that's an issue. If I may, how many images are you thinking of taking for each car and what sort of budget have you available?

One of the more difficult shots, and in my opinion the most important, is of the steering wheel and dashboard as that's what we look at for 99% of our driving time. You'll need a reasonable camera and lens to cope with these shots. Perhaps you want to go a little arty too and have a close up of the brake light cluster? Hence why I'm asking for the budget and number of anticipated photographs.

4. Roger S

IOTM

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hiya Joe and welcome to the forum. Since this has turned into mostly a welcome thread anyway, I have moved it into the Who Are You section for you. ;)

Just make sure whichever camera you acquire has the capability of accepting filters. You're going to need a CPOL for cars.

5. ElzaJo

ElzaJo New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Everyone are going behind of D750 camera.

6. Joe best

Joe best New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    It will be used only for Cars/business use.
    As for my budget, well I don't want to go crazy so was hoping under £500.

The Exterior pictures are more important to me than the interior to be honest.

I have not heard a mention of 'cpol'?

Thanks for all the replys

7. Ogofmole

IOTM

Ogofmole Old Hand Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi Joe and welcome to the forum.

CPOL means Circular Polarising Filter, which is a filter we put on the from of a lens to help reduce glare (especially in your car bodywork).

But reading up on your needs, I feel you were right in the first place going for a RX100, although I use the Lumix LX100 which is a very similar camera. But this type of camera will not accept any filters.

8. tenchy

IOTM

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome.
    If light is decent the mentioned ones should be good. If you go to a dslr there may be a bigger learning curve than you desire.

9. bentaylor

bentaylor Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    For static shots the cheapest camera which allows you to fix to base ISO, plus a cheap tripod, could be good, then you could simply use (slightly) long exposure times, and high ISO performance wouldn't be necessary.