• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Help Identifying Development Problem

ryantlee

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site, hoping someone can identify issues I have had in a recent batch of film development. I have held off on anymore development until I can remedy the problem.

Some info on the process before showing the examples:

Tetenal C-41 2 Part Kit

Developed at 30.0c

This roll of film was either number 7 or 8 in a batch of two, of a 1 Litre mix. The chemicals are fresh, made up on the 19th May. All the films processed have been the same, Kodak Portra 160 in 120.

Development Process

Preheat Drum for 5 Mins

Prewash of 30.0c water for 1 minute

Developer 9 Mins

Blix 8 Mins

Rinse 6 Mins (continuously changing the water)

Stab 1 Min

Left to Air Dry

For Dev and Blix I usually agitate for the first 30 seconds and then for 10-15 secs every minute there after until time is up.

Thought initially that it was a scanning issue, then looked at the negatives and its visible in them, outside of the frame though the lines of the roll look clean and clear.

Beyond the blotches the negatives also look very muddy and not right. Both of these images were shot on a bright and sunny day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2019_050-2.jpg2019_050.jpg2019_055-2.jpg2019_055.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozzie_Traveller

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
G'day Ryan

It seems to me to be reticulation of some sort .... ?
You say "30deg-C" temp ... I can't remember the temps I used all those years ago for E3 & E6 trannies, but I don't think that it was so high ~ could be wrong coz it's been too many years ago
Q- is 30deg-C the only temp you can use? or is there a lower temp? (along with a longer time I reaslise)

Hope this helps
Phil

BriPriUK

Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
No
Ryan
It looks a bit like marks you get if one of the chemicals has excessive foam, could you have agitated too strongly? Are the marks along the top edge as it was in the tank?

Brian P