• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Help Loading film

LizaS

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hi everyone. I recently bought a Canadian vest pocket kodak model B camera, but can't work out how to load the film. All the video instructions I've seen mention a slider, but this camera doesnt have one. Not one that I can see anyway. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

IMG_20200426_172418.jpg

IMG_20200426_172505.jpg

IMG_20200426_172529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Hello Liza and welcome to the forum.

When you upload images to the forum, be sure to tick the box beside each one that says "Full image". I've done that for you this time.

Now, on the front of the camera, just below the hinge for the bellows, should be a little silver latch (slider). Find that and slide it to the right to remove the bellows and front section away from the back of the body to load that nice new 127 film that you have ready.

LizaS

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)

When you upload images to the forum, be sure to tick the box beside each one that says "Full image". I've done that for you this time.

Now, on the front of the camera, just below the hinge for the bellows, should be a little silver latch (slider). Find that and slide it to the right to remove the bellows and front section away from the back of the body to load that nice new 127 film that you have ready.
Thanks for the tip re the photos Roger. I still can't find the slider though..

Thanks Roger. I still can't see the slider though.. Would you be able to point it out based on the pictures I posted please?

Nice camera, in much better condition than mine.

Here is the manual for it - https://www.cameramanuals.org/kodak_pdf/kodak_vest_pocket_b.pdf
Thanks Phil. I've seen this manual before but my camera looks slightly different. It doesn't have that little silver latch. Screenshot_20200426_183443_com.adobe.reader.jpgScreenshot_20200426_183443_com.adobe.reader.jpgScreenshot_20200426_183443_com.adobe.reader.jpg

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Thanks Roger. I still can't see the slider though.. Would you be able to point it out based on the pictures I posted please?
Thanks Phil. I've seen this manual before but my camera looks slightly different. It doesn't have that little silver latch.
When I go back to your first picture here, I don't see it either. Darnit, it's supposed to be. I would very carefully slide a knife blade in the joint where the hinge is and check to see if the external part of the slide has been broken off and now missing. Other than that, sorry I can't be of any more help right now.

Phill104

Always on
Premium Member
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Does the rewind roller pull up? You body looks different to mine but given the same name.

LizaS

Photography Experience
Beginner
Photo Editing Experience
Beginner
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Does the rewind roller pull up? You body looks different to mine but given the same name.
Yes, it does pull up.

When I go back to your first picture here, I don't see it either. Darnit, it's supposed to be. I would very carefully slide a knife blade in the joint where the hinge is and check to see if the external part of the slide has been broken off and now missing. Other than that, sorry I can't be of any more help right now.
I'll give it a go - thanks!

Angelpaaul

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
I have this camera. It has hidden buttons at the side, look closely and you'll see them. You squeeze them and gently pull the front out. This is the earlier model and doesn't have the slide opening.

Don't use a knife on it, the metal isn't that strong.

Angelpaaul

Photography Experience
Advanced
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)