1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Hi from lincolnshire Finepix S9600 help

Discussion in 'Who Are You ??' started by leosmini, Dec 21, 2016.

1. leosmini

leosmini New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi all
    Im Lee from lincolnshire and discovered this site by chance. i am new to digital cameras! the resason is my daughter competes in kickboxing competitions so i thought i would take some action photos from the mats.. how wrong i was, i think this is an art i have no idea of so i would gratly appreciate some help.
    I know that my camera is entry level but i hope i can use it with customisation.
    Finepix S9600
    M 1GB olympus XD card
    i keep the digital screen on when taking pics
    I am trying to take sharp images when hopefully she makes a good kick to the opponents head so if anyone can give me help with this camera and settings, thanks
    focus is set to semi auto
    camera setting AUTO

2. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Welcome to the forum

3. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome ... the Fuji s9600 is now over 10 years old (It was my first digital camera, now sold) but can still gives good results .
    You need to come off Auto .... and try using shutter priority mode thats ... S ... on your dial and set the shutter speed to 1/500 sec (you need this to freeze the action).. put the iso to auto and select continuous shooting (that will shoot a burst of images while the button is pressed down)
    The camera will then select the correct aperture for the lighting conditions ...
    You then need to try and capture the moment of the kick .. .this will take practice.
    ABOVE ALL keep using this forum for help and advice .. .post some images so we can see your results .. .we are a friendly lot.

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I will echo what Paul @rebel06 said above. You need to take control of the Fujifilm S9600 by going off Auto. In Auto mode it searches, looks for ideal conditions, sets everything for you, and then almost a whole second later it will take the shot. In S mode, you tell the camera what to do.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

5. mikew

mikew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I don know the camera but does it show the image on the LCD after you take it ,if so i would add to the good advice already given try to switch that function off as it can cause delays in the camera firing.

6. leosmini

leosmini New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thanks all for the help so far. One thing I have noticed is that if in S setting on dial I am then not able to select iso auto position. Also would I be better with an M+ memory card by Olympus ? Would it write quicker?

7. Snips

Snips Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Faster cards do help - quite a lot actually.

And welcome to the forum.

8. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    @leosmini ... if you cant set iso to Auto then select iso 400.

9. leosmini

leosmini New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The fact that you guys are helping me here is brilliant, all info I am trying ... Thank you.

10. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    hi and welcome.
    Help is what we do :)

11. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome to the forum I cant help with your camera but whats been posted is good advice.