• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Historic Railroad Overpass

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Not sure what's so historic about it, nothing much on the internet, but seems like every time you see something on Childersburg, they have a picture of the overpass. I could have framed it differently, even cloned out some stuff, but this just struck me as right with all the junk, sort of like the town a little shabby here and there.

Childersburg Overpass by William Raber, on Flickr

Roger S

Crazy Canuck
Administrator
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Intermediate
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Maybe because Childersburg is the oldest recorded settlement in the U.S.? (Coosa settlement, 1540)

Southern Gent

Old Hand
Photography Experience
Intermediate
Photo Editing Experience
Advanced
Edit my images ?
Yes (recommended)
Maybe because Childersburg is the oldest recorded settlement in the U.S.? (Coosa settlement, 1540)
Yeah I've read that, supposedly De Soto came through when it was a Creek settlement. There's also a cave complex just east called De Soto Caverns. Not sure how that ties in with the overpass though. The town was also the site of an ammunition plant during WWII, that might have some significance with the RR.