1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Hopeman Beach,Moray,Scotland

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Liam McBride, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Liam McBride

Liam McBride Member Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    I've been testing out a cheap version of filters from SRB filters. Not a bad piece of kit although I think I'm going to upgrade to a larger size of glass ones from Kase. I shot a few images using the ten stop filter but a lack of attention whilst opening a beer saw my tripod collapse and fall off the rocks smashing my Sigma 10-20mm lens into pieces.

All shot at either

15secs
    F16
    ISO 100

Or

2.5secs
    F6.3
    ISO 100

IMG_20180531_204854_965.jpeg IMG_20180522_092913_885.jpeg FB_IMG_1526943062379.jpeg FB_IMG_1526943051203.jpeg FB_IMG_1526943039538.jpeg FB_IMG_1526855361600.jpeg

2. ed taylor

ed taylor Super Ed Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    They look impressive enough to me.

Liam McBride likes this.
  3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    lovely spots especially the 2nd.

Looks like you have some colour cast issues in some, common with darker filters. the 1st and last look much more like I would expect.

Liam McBride likes this.
  4. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    All very impressive vibrant images with a refreshingly distinct style. Nicely done.

Liam McBride likes this.
  5. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice set of images. Sorry about your lens.

Liam McBride likes this.
  6. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Thank you. I've started saving for the next one.

Thank you.

Thank you

Thank you. I've pushed the clarity & vibrancy in a couple whilst trying out some new editing techniques by Serge Ramelli but obviously pushed it too far.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2018
  7. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ah good old Serge. He does like to push it :)

Liam McBride likes this.
  8. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    The technique was for B&W (almost HDR style) but I thought I'd apply it to colour and see if it worked. Still got a lot to learn in shooting landscape images.

9. tenchy

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well you live in the right place to practice!!

Liam McBride likes this.
  10. Liam McBride

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Very true! Off to Arbroath soon so hopefully I'll find some nice new areas to shoot.

tenchy likes this.
  11. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    That's a shame about the lens. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast when you dabble in landscaping. I'm not suggesting your tripod isn't up to it but this is why I always advocate a strong stable tripod to mount your gear on for several good reasons. One being the hefty price tag some tripods command can always be justified because it often eliminates expensive camera/lens accidents.
    I've seen guys with 1000's of pounds worth of gear perched precariously on unstable flimsy supports arranged in such a way if the camera was knocked even one or two inches the whole lot would be over.

Minor Problem likes this.
  12. Minor Problem

Minor Problem Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Is this where we sit with smug smiles with our long spiked Gitzo's?

It's amazing how some folks (not a dig at the op as I have no idea of the sitiation or equipment) sit really expensive gear on top of unstable and substandard tripods when it's just about the single most important item for sharp landscape images.

H1ghlander likes this.
  13. H1ghlander

H1ghlander Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Especially long exposures. I noticed an instant improvement in ultimate sharpness when doing longer exposures after acquiring a heavy sturdy stable tripod.
    It's not smug but pleasantly reassuring when you plunge 4" long spikes in to any ground that the whole lot isn't going to crumple like a cheap suit. I can safely say that in approximately 4 years since owning a large fat legged Gitzo I've never once had an oops moment. Probably jinxed myself now. :D

14. Isac

Isac Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Love the images you've captured and I hope you enjoyed that beer!

15. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    No
    you have some nice compositions there. four and five are my faves. some look a little over blue, so maybe consider dialing that back a touch.