1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

I finally got the Flying Scotsman!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Auto-mobiles Photography Forum' started by Ash (Jacko), Jan 15, 2019.

1. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It was October last year and they announced 60103 Flying Scotsman was going to be visiting Cornwall for the first time ever!

Both me and my boy were so excited, when the time came we got into position 2 hours early and it's a good job we did as there were hundreds of people at every location!

The weather was terrible so it's first trip in the morning was diesel assisted (shame) then the second visit the same day (it went back to Plymouth and then came back) was a double header with another steam train which they said wasn't going to happen so I wasn't expecting it.

So here are 3 of my images from two trips (when it came the other way it was being dragged by a diesel so I didn't photograph it). DSC_0028 (2).jpg DSC_0082.jpg DSC_0088.jpg

SharonH, i.candide and Mike Singh like this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice work, Ash. I know your boy has always been enamoured by the steamers, so i bet he had a great time, lousy weather or not. I can't decide between the second or third here, which one I prefer. both are great compos.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  3. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Good set with the second being my pick

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  4. duende

duende Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Nice Shots! The last is the best for me.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  5. Mike Singh

Mike Singh Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice set over all. Loving the steam!

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  6. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you so much Roger he really loves them and FS especially! He has two favourite steam loco's one being the Flying Scotsman and the other being Tornado and we have now managed to see both in two years and we even managed to go on Tornado.

Thank you.

Thanks.

Thanks Mike me to and steam loco's don't usually steam through there so I was over the moon this one did!

Roger S likes this.
  7. Tenorplayer

Tenorplayer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The double header last shot is my favourite but curious about that and the DH diesel... Why the need Ash, overlong set or heavy gradients perhaps ?

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  8. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you, I think it was due to the Devon banks and the Cornish line has some of the steepest gradients so just being over careful on her first ever visit.

The steam double header was supposed to be with Mayflower (another pretty famous loco) but was changed last minute sadly.

Tenorplayer likes this.
  9. Pete Larkin

Pete Larkin Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice! #2 has the best impact, for me.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  10. Stephen F

Stephen F Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Graet shots ash , i have given up even trying to tog this train for the reasons you stated, hundreds of people , and not all of them very polite. but well done for sticking with it.

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  11. SharonH

SharonH Here a lot Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I missed it :( love your pictures though :)

Ash (Jacko) likes this.
  12. Ash (Jacko)

Ash (Jacko) Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)