• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

I might have finally got a camera bag that ticks enough boxes

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
A while ago I decided that the way forward as far as cabers bags goes for my purposes was to use a standard hiking bag and carry the camera in there. its the only way I can get all my camera kit and walking kit into one bag.

I have been on the hunt for a something suitable to keep my camera in while its in my bag. I had been looking at various camera inserts. even brought a cheap one. but nothing seemed to work. always too bulky or could not hold all my gear.

Any way I finally found what I was looking for a Tenba BTOB 10 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenba-Tools-BYOB-Case-Camera-Black/dp/B00KT7GKXK/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=ten+byob+10&qid=1568569091&s=gateway&sr=8-1

This bad is spot on. really small and compact, fits easily in my walking bag but also goes nicely into my small bags as well. But the best part is it fits my camera canon 6D, my 70 -200L, my 24-104L and my 40-70L there's even room in the pockets for some cards and batteries etc. So yeah really happy with it so far.

So yeah something to consider if your having similar camera carrying issues.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
Tell us how that works out ;)

I'm on the hunt for a new pair myself, that 13 looks good for the large stuff as that's outgrown the usual rucksack, and the mirrorless rattles round like a pea in a bucket in there.

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
I remember those threads from awhile back :)

That bag doesn't look big enough to contain all your camera gear but fair play.
Indeed doesn’t look it, but my camera and lenses are all in.

It’s got quite a clever partition system that lets you stack stuff. Not quite enough room for my filter system but I can work round that.

Tell us how that works out ;)

I'm on the hunt for a new pair myself, that 13 looks good for the large stuff as that's outgrown the usual rucksack, and the mirrorless rattles round like a pea in a bucket in there.
Aye well, worth a look. And I’ll let you know how I get on .

Snips

Always on
Not quite enough room for my filter system but I can work round that.
:roll:

So you'll still continue looking for your ideal bag lol

For me, there's no such thing as the perfect camera bag. From time to time I'll look again and am always so undecided so I don't buy anything. I never know whether to have something that can carry everything or a slightly larger, small bag. In practice when I'm shooting with my tripod I take my backpack and smaller camera bag. Not very comfortable but for only 3-4 times a year at the most it's okay. My small bag is perfect for camera and 24-105mm for touristy/holidays and my wallet and one or two other bits and pieces can fit in it too.

Maybe we should set up a partnership and design The Perfect Camera Bag?!! One of the compartments being quite solid so the filters aren't snapped in two. Something that can also double up as a temporary table for the camera to sit on when the tripod is being setup so nothing is on the floor, a bag that can carry a huge umbrella with collapsible stand for wet weather photography ... the list goes on and on :)

Ramble Vision

Mountain Climber
Super Moderator
:roll:

So you'll still continue looking for your ideal bag lol

For me, there's no such thing as the perfect camera bag. From time to time I'll look again and am always so undecided so I don't buy anything. I never know whether to have something that can carry everything or a slightly larger, small bag. In practice when I'm shooting with my tripod I take my backpack and smaller camera bag. Not very comfortable but for only 3-4 times a year at the most it's okay. My small bag is perfect for camera and 24-105mm for touristy/holidays and my wallet and one or two other bits and pieces can fit in it too.

Maybe we should set up a partnership and design The Perfect Camera Bag?!! One of the compartments being quite solid so the filters aren't snapped in two. Something that can also double up as a temporary table for the camera to sit on when the tripod is being setup so nothing is on the floor, a bag that can carry a huge umbrella with collapsible stand for wet weather photography ... the list goes on and on :)
:)
Yep admittedly it’s not perfect. Which is why I said it ticks enough boxes and not all. But In fairness my filters are kept in a nice and sturdy wallet. And they fit in the walking bag so all my gear is with me and safe so the combo works.

VictoriaBCPhoto

Premium Member
I confess I have a problem - no bag is ever good enough for me either and I have about six or seven different bags sitting in my garage to prove it haha. Glad you found something that works for you. :)

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
I seem to have different bags for different types of outings these days. I have recently bought an F-Stop Tilopa with both a big and a small pro insert so I can use it for just photography with the big insert or use the small icu, economies my camera gear into the small icu and sling my camping gear into the rest of the bag with a couple of things externally mounted. My best all round camera bad still has to be the Lowepro Whistler 450AW though which has a great amount of storage and plenty of external straps.

Skyshot

I change bags depending on what I need to carry.

I favour Lowpro and mainly use the following ones: Photo Trekker Classic, Flipside 300 AWII, Rezo 140 AW, Inverse 200 AW and Classified 160 AW.

I have bigger bags for my studio kit with my favourite being a Gravity BGMS 6 B from Thomann for my light stands.

Activ8

I made the 1,000,000 th post
My search for the perfect bag has never ended... I probably have enough bags to use a different one every week for a year! and this is despite selling a few on here too! LOL As I am typing this in my office I can see two large Peli cases, a lowepro mini treker an ONA brixton, an ONA Union Street, a Tamrac expedition 8x and a 6x a lowepro stealth reporter, a Billingham messenger and a couple of Think Tank roller bags Airport Advantage and an International. I have a lot more at the studio... :wacko::crazy::doh: