1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Image sizing

Discussion in 'Photoshop & Editing Chat Forum' started by keanmu, Nov 18, 2016.

1. keanmu

keanmu Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have a low resolution image (not a photo) that I need to make into a high resolution image to be good enough quality to use on a 8ft x 3ft banner.

Oh my fettling wizards, how can this be done?

Pretty please.

2. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    What's the viewing distance from the banner?

You can get away with pritty low res images for banners if they are viewed from a distance .

3. keanmu

keanmu Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It will vary every time it's used. It's such low res right now that you feel sick looking at it on the banner. I actually had one made and the company told me that if the image wasn't good enough they would contact me. They didn't and its awful. They are redoing it for free once ive sorted a better image.

4. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    if it is not a photo what is it?
    If it is a vector image it will scale to any size.
    If it's raster, maybe it can be converted to vector first, then it will upscale easily.

5. Ramble Vision

Ramble Vision Mountain Climber Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The only thing I can think to do is run it through PS and resize with resample enabled, this will add extra pixels in as it enlarges, but to be honest I'm not sure how well it will work.

What you are trying to do is add extra information to the file and if it's not there, all that can happen is spreading to existing info thinner . Which will just show more cracks

6. keanmu

keanmu Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Omg! I did it. From 663kb to 1.7mb and it's perfect.

It's a logo to go on a banner

DonS, David_H and Roger S like this.