1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Installing printer profiles

Discussion in 'PhotoShop & Editing Tips, Tricks and Tutorials For' started by Andy325i, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Andy325i

Andy325i Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi guys, could someone more clever than me suggest where I am going wrong please :doh:

I'm trying to install the bottom profile here:

http://www.keynshamphoto.co.uk/about/colour.profiles

I've tried extracting the file and putting it in the folder manually and also right clicking the extracted file on the desktop and it puts it in the right place, but when I go into my PS CC and go to look for it, alas its not there :(

icccolorprofile.JPG

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated

Andy

2. john.margetts.ph

john.margetts.ph Well-Known Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    As it is a printer profile, does it appear in the printer dialogue when you print?

3. russellsnr

russellsnr Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  4. Andy325i

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes:

printprofile.JPG

Apologies, I thought I'd put I am using windows 10

I've looked at many you tube videos lol

Andy

5. john.margetts.ph

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is all you need. You only use printer profiles when printing.

6. Andy325i

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    But I am not printing it, it is the photo lab that are printing it

7. john.margetts.ph

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    In your first post, you said you had gone to look for the profile. Have you tried the Edit/Convert to profile that the printing company tells you to do? That is where you should find the profile.

Your initial post was not clear on what you were trying to do.

8. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I just send my files to the printers as sRGB. They convert to whatever profile they are using themselves.

9. john.margetts.ph

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    That is what I would expect, Roger, but the printer in question says they need the image converted to their profile as their printer will not read the sRGB or AdobeRGB profiles.

10. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    In that case, I would be switching printers to someone who knows what they are doing. ;)

DonS likes this.
  11. Andy325i

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Apologies, basically I want to get a few of my photos printed.

I tried a print with this company and it came back very dark. I've sent a few to photobox and they have come back fine/ maybe a little bright (not sure if they check them after printing) I didn't know about printer profiles back then, I just want what I send to be printed to look as close as possible to how I've edited it in the pc.

I have calibrated my monitors with a Spyder 5 Elite, and what I see on my monitor is a similar level to what I see on my D7100 screen.

12. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I found the instructions for converting to the Fuji 570 printer fairly clear. This commercial printer is a bit old but if well maintained should produce excellent images. However, like @Roger S I probably would look for a printer that handled sRGB files rather than requiring that I convert to that profile.

13. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)