• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Insurance recommendations

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Hi folks, all my gear has come off my household insurance and I'm after ideas of who to get it insured with. I need about 25-27k of coverage and someone decent to deal with when I do something stupid!

Any ideas?

oldgeezer

Always on
Premium Member
Start here Barry. Then once you have got a quote you can investigate further.
I have dealt with them over claims quite a few times for different things and never been messed about. You can also use live chat which comes in very handy and they sort of our from there.
Once you have phoned around it will give you a start which is the hardest thing.

Minor Problem

Always on
Premium Member
Start here Barry. Then once you have got a quote you can investigate further.
I have dealt with them over claims quite a few times for different things and never been messed about. You can also use live chat which comes in very handy and they sort of our from there.
Once you have phoned around it will give you a start which is the hardest thing.

Thanks Pete! I'll look into that asap.

Activ8

I made the 1,000,000 th post
It may be cheaper to insure your equipment as a sole trading photography business. You can do this even if you only sell a few prints per year. I have mine insured through Hiscox for business use. I think the last renewal was around £400 per year for up to £50K worth of equipment. This also covers me for public liability incase someone gets injured and employers liability (needed even if I have an unpaid assistant).

Snips

Always on
I use Hiscox which used to be Cliik insurance. £300 or so for about £8k equipment, professional indemnity and public liability insurance. It also covers people working for me - not their equipment I don't think public liability but more if they have an accident with someone else. For example, if they spook a horse and the rider falls off and breaks an arm or the horse needs veterinary help.

I suspect that if push came to claiming (as opposed to shove) I will have quite a fight on my hands but I have the policy so that if anyone asks me if I'm insured I can say I am without lying.

HeadWest

Don't want to hijack the OP but I have a similar question and don't think it is necessary to start another thread.

I'm an amateur photographer. I take about £3000 worth of photographic equipment away from home. I'm looking for insurance on theft, accidental breaks and equipment failure. I don't need public liability. All equipment is second hand and I don't have receipts. So, which insurer do you recommend for the things I do?

Thanks.