• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Competition Result IOTW Winner for Week Ending 06/03/2011

paulmag

Always on
Honorary Life Member
Our very Own David Worthington has chosen Canasta's striking portrait image

I chose this striking image because Canasta has attempted something quite different and not seen in anyone else's work....yes its not technically perfect , but that doesn't always bug me.......I am applauding someone who this week has taken their own path and come up with something original and very saleable too.
View attachment 117848

FlashBangWallop

Always on
Awww....guys...to say I'm chuffed is an understatement.
Thanks. :) :) :)

I'd like to thank my wife...for always being supportive
My kids...there they are...Hi kids
Urm...
Interfit, Nikon, urm... oh...James - the model

Seriously thanks for picking it.
I do like it too..and agree an image don't always have to be technically spot on to be striking - this was purely a bit of mindless tweaking in RAW until I thought ....ooh that looks interesting

I printed it at A3 and framed it...and today it's in my studio window - looks fab!

Thanks again!

stevezz1

Always on
Congrats to you Canasta, a great image.

As Dave said, 'it may not be technically perfect' but to me that is a bonus. Anything, or anyone, that strays from the well worn 'safe' path deserves a second look.

First class.

Steve.

Last edited:

biglee33

Always on
I do like this look youve got, i cant seem to get it yet, but try, its a punchy look, anyway well done. (if you want to share u can lol)

Awww....guys...to say I'm chuffed is an understatement.
Thanks. :) :) :)

I'd like to thank my wife...for always being supportive
My kids...there they are...Hi kids
Urm...
Interfit, Nikon, urm... oh...James - the model

Seriously thanks for picking it.
I do like it too..and agree an image don't always have to be technically spot on to be striking - this was purely a bit of mindless tweaking in RAW until I thought ....ooh that looks interesting

I printed it at A3 and framed it...and today it's in my studio window - looks fab!

Thanks again!