• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

It appears I will be in London in June

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
I am here. Yesterday was not very productive having flown overnight and arriving at what to me was 3:30 am. About to get on the tube and go places.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
I am here. Yesterday was not very productive having flown overnight and arriving at what to me was 3:30 am. About to get on the tube and go places.

Great the weather looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Back in London. Went to Brighton for a couple of days. Met a photographer while shooting the remains of the west pier. We rented a car and went to Hastings (not being that close and not seeing the battle site) and Dover Castle. My wife had that idea and said no problem on driving because she had driven in Bermuda on the left. Our Peugeot 3008 had less than 100 miles on it when she clipped the wing mirror on a parked Land Rover on a very narrow road in Seaford. [emoji849].

We were somewhat late to the castle but on the tour of the WWII tunnels (no photos in tunnels allowed) when I felt ill. I had not had a bought of vertigo for months but it was apparently time. Thankfully it was not bad but they helped me out and I sat down for a while outside overlooking the port. I had Gravol (sea sickness pills) with me and took it right away which always helps.
Yesterday we cam back to London. We rode the eye, walked to Piccadilly and Leicester squares, obtained tickets to Phantom of the Opera for tonight, and had dinner near Covent Garden. Today is Westminster Abbey and tonight the show. Tomorrow is home.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Last night I was seeing Phantom of the Opera in London, tonight I am trying to stay awake at 8:14 PM local in Toronto.

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
At work today. I have 576 photos to work through. Not at work though, that is later.

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Sounds like u have a busy trip. What did u do in London for sightseeing?

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
We saw/went to:

• The changing of the guard at Buckingham palace
  • London eye
  • The Tower of London but it was raining a lot and the line for the Crown Jewels was really long so wife said no.
  • Thames river cruise from Westminster to Tower Bridge
  • British Museum (I took the same photo as everyone else)
  • Trafalgar square
  • Westminster Abbey
  • Phantom of the Opera
  • Went to Brighton, stopped at Hastings for Battle Abbey, then Dover
  • Oxford street shopping
  • Covent garden
  • Leicester Square
  • Piccadilly Circus
  • Did a general bus tour around the city

Mike Singh

Always on
Premium Member
Don looks like you all made the most of it despite the rain. I can’t wait to see your photos of your daughters posing nicely!

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
Great trip and choice of things to see and do. Bet your wallet is feeling ill now :)
Flights and first hotel in London was all done on points, so it was not so bad. Things I purchased for myself: 3 magazines and one, Digital Camera, came with a free dust blower which I just happened to forget to pack. I do feel bad for those with cars, I saw the price was 1.29/l in London on Sunday. Near work this morning it was $1.22/l which is about 0.73/l in GBP.