• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

It's Expensive - It's Slow - But ...

Snips

Always on
I can recommend the Canon Pixma Pro-10S printer which I have recently bought.

It's very slow to print but the image quality is top drawer and I read that the prints are designed to last 100 years. I like mine to last about five to seven years before they lose colour :D It easily matches, for print quality, my dye sublimation printer I have and any laboratory prints I've bought.

It prints from 6x4, 7x5 up to A3 and up to 300gsm card.

Granted it weighs 20Kg and costs around £600 (I bought mine off eBay for £450 as a previously opened but unused package) and the 10 coloured inks set you back £100 but in fairness, the inks run out at different stages with some lasting longer than others and all are changed on an as and when required. From memory the shortest lasting ink is 400 copies of 6x4 prints.

For those who like black and white there are, I think, inks and profiles to create wonderful images trying to mimic exactly what you have on the screen. And it has a layer of software between Lightroom and Photoshop to give you the option of selecting the paper type, borders, etc.

I've not calibrated my screen and just set everything to standard and the paper stock I bought. Comparing the photograph to the screen I found it interesting that the print had more colour detail in the sky than could be seen on the monitor and the rest of the image looked pretty much the same as the screen.

If you're looking for a decent quality printer and don't mind drinking a couple of cups of coffee while waiting for the paper to come out, then I can highly recommend it.

Agiledogs

Always on
It definitely is a top notch printer. We had one for the last class I took and I was very impressed with the results. We even learned how to build our own icc profiles for paper and how to calibrate the printer.