1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Jemimah

Discussion in 'Studio Images Forum' started by spuriosity, Jan 3, 2018.

1. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I was back in the studio with grown ups today (well.. she's 16) and it felt good. I might have a bit more time on my hands for more stuff like this soon as my baby is finally learning to sleep in the evenings!

It was also my first try out with my new backdrop. You like?

KM4_6675-Edit_web.jpg

KM4_6693-Edit_web.jpg

KM4_6742-Edit_web.jpg

Augustwest likes this.
  2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Third one for me. The background is working great. However, the make-up spoils the first two (personally).

spuriosity likes this.
  3. Newbandit

Newbandit Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I can't fault the photography and love the pose in no 3.
    The very large dark eyebrows with the blonde hair does not work for me and the vast number of stray hairs spoil the head shot in no 2, less so in no1

spuriosity and Roger S like this.
  4. spuriosity

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks guys. Yes the make up was a bit heavier than I had expected but hey, you work with what you've got!

Newbandit likes this.
  5. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I actually like the first - the dark eyebrows and blonde hair you see quite often in society today. The first gives a feeling of 'attitude' to me

spuriosity likes this.
  6. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great job. I prefer the third one as well. For me facial piercings are a no deal but your photography is spot on.

spuriosity likes this.
  7. spuriosity

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks again guys.

Thank you! Yes I do think it's a shame she's done that. But hey it's working for her, she's modeling all over the place now and winning beauty pageants. She's come a long way in the 18 months since I first shot with her as she was really timid and lacked coincidence; she's like a different person now!

8. Dean M

Dean M Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    very much the modern look these days with the piercings and dark eyebrows... she has that alice in wonderland white queen look ( ala Anne Hathaway )

spuriosity likes this.
  9. Jenbenjen

Jenbenjen Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Loving the background Katie and the images are fabulous!

spuriosity likes this.
  10. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    3rd by far my pick. The hairs would bother me too, but have been there too...
    Good looking girl. Add me to the piercing list. I don't mind pierced jewelry at all but all I see is two scars when she grows out of them.
    (same as I don't see a cute fluffy kitten, I see years and years of ruined stuff, cost and inconvenience)

spuriosity likes this.
  11. spuriosity

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ha ha ha

12. steve b

steve b Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Fashion is a funny thing, we get it in our heads what is good to look at and generally stick with that formula. Long hair is generally a great look on young women, the flyaway doesn't bother me, I'm just not keen on piercings but accept I'm an old fart, so try to overlook them. The dark defined heavy brows are a strange fashion, I've noticed them a lot lately, no stranger, I suppose, than shaving/plucking them and re-pencilling them an inch above where they should be like in the 1950s.

I like the BG, it works very well; number three is a lovely pose and shows her young figure off to its best. The processing and lighting is excellent to my eye.

As an aside and talking of fashion - why do women of a certain age have those enormous lip fillers? It seems the beyond natural look is what they're aiming for, sort of, I can afford to have it done, just in case you haven't noticed, I've had it overdone!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    spuriosity likes this.
  13. Haripaul

Haripaul Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    These are great but like the others I find the eyebrows to distracting and takes away the focus from her gorgeous eyes.

spuriosity likes this.
  14. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Last one is the best of the group. My daughter does the eyebrow thing also. They don't look good on her also.

spuriosity likes this.
  15. Fionab

Fionab Always on

Edit my images ?:
    No
    like the 3rd for me, although the pose makes her look hugely skinny as she looks to be soffering from the lollipop effect which is where the person is so skinny her head looks too big for her body. although its possibly the angle/ perspective. the lighting post processing has made her look too doll like there is no depth in her face or detail in her skin. the eye brows are a no no i dont mind the piercings

spuriosity likes this.
  16. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    These are good photos.
    I feel the girl likes how she is made up and pierced so that has no real bearing as this is down to her personal taste.
    As far as the photography and lighting, they are fine IMHO.

spuriosity likes this.
  17. spuriosity

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments! I've come a really long way in my photography over the last few years and that is almost entirely down to this forum, so thank you.

18. wraggtime

wraggtime Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    These are great, no.3 is my pick, lovely pose and background.

spuriosity likes this.