1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Jude

Discussion in 'Studio Images Forum' started by Bensherman, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Bensherman

Bensherman New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi All

My first photo post here, didn't know which forum to put it in so if it needs moving can a mod do it please. Any C&C welcome.....

[​IMG]

ed taylor, Mike Singh and caveman like this.
  2. Kevin Fox

Kevin Fox Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great eyes. Tough choice witch one to focus on. I'm mobile right now, but it be nice to have the top of the head, shoulders and ears better defined. Maybe a small light from behind.

3. hooferinsane

hooferinsane EXIF Seeker Super Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Lovely animal portrait. Not sure if you could tone down the flash reflection in the dogs nose/nostrils as it slightly draws the eye

4. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    It's ok in this forum ... that's a great first image post ..... would be interested to know your lighting set up for this.
    Paul

5. Bensherman

Bensherman New Member

Edit my images ?:
    No
    Hi

I was using a godox ad600 in a softbox, which was positioned to the left of where I was shooting. Jude was around 2.5m from background which was a black fabric. Only used the one light, I would use a reflector to the right of him if I were to shoot it again, just to throw abit of light on his right hand side. I intended for him to "disappear" into the background but have been advised to try a reflector the next time.
    Flash was only 2/3 foot away from him on a lowish power. I'm sure I pulled down the blinds to kill as much ambient light as possible. I bought some "squeakers" off eBay which I put in my mouth and used to attract his attention. However in the end I was waving some sliced ham in my left hand whilst shooting with my right hand.
    Hope this helps.

Matt

spuriosity and rebel06 like this.
  6. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Very nice portrait, well done.

7. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Well done.

I never thought about squeakers for dog portraits, but that just might work for me.

8. spuriosity

spuriosity Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Ooh that's lovely. I agree with the recommendations already brought up though.

9. steve b

steve b Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Super image, I like the lighting.

10. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Can you attach the image or fix the link please.