1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Last Light in Snowdon

Discussion in 'Landscape Photography Forum' started by Bobman, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Bobman

Bobman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi This shot was taken a few weeks back while visiting this splendid area for the first time in years. So impressed with the area we are returning at Easter.

DSC_8280-Edit.jpg

SharonH, Mike Singh and DonS like this.
  2. Jason

Jason Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice view, I know the spot well. It’s a magical place..

3. alpethsm

alpethsm Old Hand

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hey, it's a lovely shot but the halo on the mountains is is a bit distracting.

4. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Great sky colour. It sure looks like a beautiful spot.

5. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Nice one, is that from the layby pull in ..
    Paul

6. Jason

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Looks like the pull-in just pass Pen-y-pass turning. Can just see Elephant Rock on the right of the frame. That’s worth a look if you drive past the lake.

7. Bobman

Bobman Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Paul/Jason, you are correct this is from the lay-by half way up the hill. Rather than trying for uniqueness I have tasked myself with using my telephoto lens more for Landscapes. Any suggestions on other good areas in this location most appreciated as mentioned we are returning at Easter.

8. Jason

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Llyn Mymbyr gives the classic view of the Snowdon range. It’s alongside the road from Capel Curig, towards Snowdon - you can’t miss it. The mountains catch the dawn light and a still morning gives reflections in the lake. Parking along the road at start of and midway along the lake. Nearest the village is better as the water is a little sheltered there so more chance of reflections. It’s a 30 second walk from the road, couldn’t be easier.

A couple I took there a while back:

https://www.photography-forum.org/threads/snowdon-cliche.153007/

The lake in your photo gives some nice views. Just follow the road you took the pic from down to the lake.

Pyg track up Snowdon gives good mountain views, Miners track has a couple of lakes for reflections if still, which it very rarely is.

Drive straight through Capel Curig from Betws-y-coed, staying on the A5, brings you to the Ogwen Valley. A stunning place with mountains, Tryfan and Pen-Yr-Ole-Wen, and lakes. An easy and picturesque walk around Llyn Idwal is a great way to pass the morning, (best light at sunrise.) Park at the visitor centre - cheaper than Snowdon at 5 quid all day, (Snowdon Pen-y-pass car park is a tenner for the day and fills quickly on weekends and sunny days.)

HTH.

9. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Snowdonia is my favourite UK mountain area after Scotland. Prefer it to the lakes.

10. RusticSummer

RusticSummer Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  11. David_MC

David_MC Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    The color in the sky is nice. Well shot.

12. Banjo Ryan

Banjo Ryan Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    A great sky and lovely comp