1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

learned a lesson today

Discussion in 'Photography Chat Forum' started by rebel06, May 7, 2019.

1. rebel06

rebel06 Without a cause Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)

When you finish shooting put camera back to basic settings... my last shoot was a waterfall so f22 2 second timer
    on way back to caravan saw Hercules flying low less that 100ft, so pulled up grabbed camera just time to get off one shot, focus and press shutter, 2 second timer still on and f22
    DOH
    OK so what mistake did you do !!!

2. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I try to remember to do this. If I am walking around, I am normally set in AV, and f/8 just in case something comes up. I got that, I think, from Scott Kelby.

3. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Yes Don I'm normally on Av f8 auto iso, but as I was on way back so thought I was done ..... still lesson learned (and got plenty images of the Herc anyway ... lol )

DonS likes this.
  4. DonS

DonS Stuck in Toronto Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I said I try to remember, I do not always.

5. balami

balami Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Done that many times!

6. Tazmangolfer

Tazmangolfer Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Left mine on a 10sec timer after a tripod shot, pressed the shutter and nothing happen, after 10secs the shutter went off think it took a picture of me looking at the camera trying to find the fault.

SharonH and rebel06 like this.
  7. gaelldew

gaelldew Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Bet it was oof Paul.

8. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Unfortunately the plane had passed within those 2 seconds, they don't hang around at 100ft .... but the image of the telegraph pole that it took wasn't too bad ... lol .. :whistle3:

SharonH and gaelldew like this.
  9. Paul Mitchell

Paul Mitchell Active Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    While Im not a fan of auto anything regarding camera use, just walking around setting to Aperture or Shutter priority will get you the shot if it has to be done quickly without thinking.

10. Snips

Snips Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Long time, luckily for me, since I've done that sort of thing. What I did forget once was, having taken three cameras, to take all the memory cards and batteries. Poor Mrs Snips had a 2 1/2 hour round trip to do. She was well happy. Not!!

One thing I do now before leaving the house is turn the camera on, choose the likely settings and check the lens for cleanliness. This ensures it at least has a memory card and charged battery in it. It never ceases to amaze me how many times I forget to put the charged battery back in or still have the memory card buried on my desk somewhere.

11. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Thanks Edward I think I do all those checks before leaving the house, problem was I thought I was done for the day and was going back home when the opportunity arose, so in future I will reset my camera before getting back into my car in future.
    Paul

Snips likes this.
  12. Ogofmole

Ogofmole Always on Moderator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    At the Loop, always have camera set up for fast jets, then you have time to adjust settings when a prop comes through. Yes I have done this the wrong way round a few times now.

13. nanhi

nanhi Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    My Pentax DSLR has a setting in the Menu that auto corrects the shooting parameters to give you a decent exposed shot in case you left the camera to a previous shooting condition like yours Rebel106.

14. rebel06

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have custom settings on my top dial, so I will set C1 to Av ... f8 ... iso auto ... one shot .... Al servo ... centre weighted exp ... thats should suit most eventualities ....

Paul

15. Isac

Isac Always on

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I have the same Paul, but use C3. That lets me turn the dial to the end and I know it's set to go - especially when I'm not wearing my glasses :)