1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Light meter for Chinon CM5 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Film and Vintage Forum' started by twosday, Sep 6, 2018.

1. twosday

twosday New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    I recently just purchased a Chinon CM5 and bought two A76 batteries for it. I tried putting the batteries in different ways but the LED next to the viewfinders don't light up. I'm not sure if this is because I got the wrong battery, I put it in wrong, or the light meter is just broken.

2. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello and WELCOME ( hint, hint) :whistle3: to the forum. This is from page 5 of the manual.

Untitled - 1.jpg

3. Roger S

Roger S Crazy Canuck Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    And this is from page 7.

Untitled - 1.jpg

4. twosday

twosday New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    yeah no luck. I've read the whole manual.

5. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Sounds like you need to send it in for an estimate for service.

Roger S likes this.
  6. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Clean the battery contacts with some isopropyl alcohol or similar, otherwise it needs further diagnosis.

7. twosday

twosday New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Took it to a shop and light meter is too expensive to fix. I have decided to use a external light meter instead.

8. MikeB

MikeB Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Sorry to hear that. An good external lightmeter will likely be better than the original internal meter. Get a lightmeter by a manufacturer having a good reputation building lightmeters. Also, there are very few old lightmeters (1930-1980's) that I would trust to provide accurate metering so be sure to research the lighmeter before buying.