1. Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
    Dismiss Notice
  2. PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Lighting

Discussion in 'Studio Lighting Forum' started by Roessler, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Roessler

Roessler New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hello! I need advice on lighting. I am looking for something portable and easy. I am looking for something to light up an indoor photo shoot of a CEO being interviewed in his office. I also need something for an outdoor wedding on a yacht in the evening. There are so many products out there and I am lost. I am also on a tight budget. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks!!

2. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Speedlights are good for both. Portable and no need for mains power. You will need quite a few batteries but rechargable ones are the cheapest option as they last for quite some time.
    Look on YouTube under speedlight photography for ideas on best practice.
    Youngnuo are good and used by many here including me.
    You can get them with internal receivers and get a trigger for the hot shoe and they work ok on camera for buzzing around receptions.

3. tenchy

tenchy Rain maker Administrator

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Hi and welcome.
    Check out the flash link in my signature. That takes you to a list of resources, one of which lists many useful flash items with comparative prices, so will tell you what's around and worth having.

4. Roessler

Roessler New Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  5. Christopher

Christopher Here a lot

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
  6. Andy 0

Andy 0 Always on Premium Member

Edit my images ?:
    Yes (recommended)
    Firstly @Roessier that avatar is A E S T H E T I C as funk.

If you're on a budget the Yongnuo are the default buy, they're 90% of the Canon/Nikon units for 20% of the price.