• Welcome to Photography Forum. Our photography community!

Photography-forum is dedicated to those who have passion, desire and love of photography and want to improve their photographic technique. It doesn't matter what you photograph, landscapes, weddings, portraits or your photographic experience, it's about learning and loving what we do. Photography!

If you want learn and expand your photography skills then there is one place to do it Photography Forum !!!

You are viewing photography-forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most forums and enjoy other features. By joining our free community you will be able to post photographs for critique, join in the monthly photography competitions, respond to polls, upload content and enjoy many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join Photography Forum.

If you have any problems please contact us.

The Photography-Forum Team
  • PLEASE SEE RULES BEFORE POSTING LINKS
    Click here to see Forum Rules

Lightroom Classic Update

Scratch

Always on
Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread.

I have recently subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud. When I used Lightroom Classic yesterday I got a screen message saying an update is available but when I started the update process it stopped at 43%. I have tried 3 times now and the same thing happens each time. Has anybody else had this issue ? It updated Photoshop and Lightroom CC without any issues.

hooferinsane

EXIF Seeker
Super Moderator
Just a thought, you don’t have Lightroom classic open whilst you are trying to update it via the CC app do you? If so it won’t update

Scratch

Always on
Just a thought, you don’t have Lightroom classic open whilst you are trying to update it via the CC app do you? If so it won’t update
Whoops, yes i clicked on the update option in the ‘help’ dropdown menu in Lightroom Classic.

Scratch

Always on
Whoops, yes i clicked on the update option in the ‘help’ dropdown menu in Lightroom Classic.
I’ve just tried updating it from Creative Cloud with Lightroom closed and it’s stuck at 43% again. Guess I will have to give the update a miss. Not happy paying for a service that doesn’t update !!

DonS

Stuck in Toronto
I’ve just tried updating it from Creative Cloud with Lightroom closed and it’s stuck at 43% again. Guess I will have to give the update a miss. Not happy paying for a service that doesn’t update !!
Try signing out of the CC application. Close it, open, sign in.

Scratch

Always on
Try signing out of the CC application. Close it, open, sign in.
Thanks Don, just tried that and the same thing has happened. Maybe if I wait for the next update, it will work. The version I am using works fine so not a major issue, just annoying when you are paying for a service that doesn’t work properly.

SeanNeedham

Ol' Sparky
Honorary Life Member
It's not an Adobe issue, it's a permission issue on your computer; the update is downloading and extracting but cannot move in to place because of whatever blocking it on your system. If you've got other Adobe things running at the time you are doing the update, that could cause it (and I don't mean just the visible, but all the services as well), it could be a folder with the incorrect permissions, I've even seen it with things that aren't related (like web browsers running). I've even had it myself with a busted symlink (though that's probably not going to be the same problem as you've got).

There's a lot more on the Adobe forums about this that what anyone could tell you here, and multiple different solutions to it as it could be caused by a plethora of things; get on there and ignore the software package, look at all the stuff where the installer hangs at 43% or (more common) 42%.